XII. Feelings||Pakkun returns

enjoy, u angels❤️

*

We were far away from the dojo. We have been walking for four hours, in silence. No one had followed us in the meantime. We had gone back to that place we had slept and then, we continued on that small forest path, which I sensed we should've followed. It was quiet and we were walking really close to one another, really careful at what was surrounding us. Any threat had to be detected.

I knew we were closer to the destination, because that last feeling I got had been stronger. We didn't have to worry about finding the cave, because I started to trust those feelings. I knew one would appear soon enough and I was positive that maybe... maybe I could save my parents without anyone getting hurt. Of course, that thought was haunting my brain almost every minute, because I saw how every fight was getting more intense as we were approaching the cave. I was afraid some of us wouldn't make it. I hated that thought and I had to trust them as I always did. But why was I so concerned?

My comrades came in time when those idiots had kidnapped me. We worked like a true team and it went well - we escaped. Even if our enemies weren't as powerful as I imagined they would be, I was so freaking sure that the next fight will be much harder. I had to be prepared for anything... Orochimaru was weird enough to wait for us that long and he was sending his followers really quickly.

Kakashi scared the hell out of me when he killed that pervert. Yes, he deserved to be beaten, but I wondered - how far was he willing to go if someone hurt me? I knew he would do that for each and every one of us, but I saw something extremely different in his eyes. When he used Chidori, he had so much rage inside! And down in the chasm, he swore to protect me with his life. He was more relaxed back then, still protective, but in that dojo... I thought of an animal. That kind of rage.

Questions started to invade my mind and I saw flashbacks, memories. I remembered the look on his face back home, when I was crying. I remembered his smile when we were staying on a rooftop, how happy and relaxed he was.

I recalled his broken expression when we had met after that Genjutsu - how he leaned his forehead on the top of my head, in that group hug. That feeling was different, good different, but... I couldn't even say it to myself!

I remembered his dangerous voice when he threatened the three Sound Shinobi down in the precipice. For me.

My heart buzzed in my chest and I had to inhale deeply. I raised my eyes - Kakashi was walking ahead with Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto behind me. It was like they were forming a defense group around me. I felt a little pressed: I didn't need that much protection... I managed to fight those guys at the dojo. I needed my team, but still... I wasn't that weak... Was I?

Kakashi hasn't spoken to us. At all. He was just walking and looking around like we were chased. We weren't, because he would've felt it. But I didn't understand why he was so silent. Usually, when he was relaxed, he would open Make Out Paradise and read. He had something on his mind and I knew it had to do with me, but I couldn't understand why he wasn't recovering? He was a grown man, and still... he seemed to not be truly able to understand himself.