Part 1

It started out like a normal day, I woke up to my alarm screaming. I went into the living room where I found my father scolding my brother and my mother trying to protect him. My father punched my mother. I went after my father but my brother stopped me. He said "You're too small, he'll kill you". Then I stormed out of the house pissed at my father and Kind of pissed at my brother for not letting me step in.

I decided to stop by Pop Tate's diner cuz he's the only one who knows what happens at my house. Pop is kinda like a second father to me, or should I say a good  father. I walked into the Chock'Lit Shoppe and was greeted by Pop Tate's warm and loving smile. "Good morning Dakota, want your usual." I smiled and nodded my head.

I sat down at a booth in the back and Pop brought me a Chocolate milkshake with a burger. I sat in the booth eating as I got lost in my thoughts. I was having flashbacks of all the times my mother and brother have jumped infront of me protecting me from my father, and they ended up getting hit.

While sitting in the booth I heard a voice pulling me from my thoughts, it was kinda familiar but I wasn't 100% sure who it was. I looked up to see Reggie Mantle standing at my booth. I try to avoid people, so I haven't actually talked to him before but somehow he knew my name. "Hey Dakota, what're you doing?" he sat down infront of me and I lowered my hands into my lap, trying to stay a little ways away from him.

"Nothing" I didn't want to talk to him, but from my past experiences with guys you never ignore them or you'll get hit.

"Why are you over here by yourself?"

"Just hiding out, I don't really interact with people"

"Well, you should come hang out with Archie and I sometime. Maybe you can start hanging out with Veronica and Betty too" he smiled at me, and it gave me the same warm feeling I got from Pop everyday "anyway, see you around school" He got up and left leaving me there sitting in the booth a little confused on the good vibes I was getting from him. I haven't been able to trust anyone except for my brother and Pop, even my mother was kinda risky to hang out with. She's the type that'll be there for you one second then completely cut you out and give you the cold shoulder the next.

It was time for me to head to school, I got up and said bye to Pops. I told him I'd be back this afternoon to hang out with him, and help him at the Chock'Lit Shoppe. I then walked outside throwing my bag over my shoulder. When I walked out I was met by Reggie, Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead. Veronica and Betty seem to always be together, B&V the unstoppable duo. I tried to get away fast but Reggie waved me over "Dakota, come here". I closed my eyes, tempted to ignore him then a flash of my father popped up in the darkness behind my eyelids and I walked over to them.

"Hi" I waved awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable.

"Guys this is Dakota" Reggie said introducing me to his group.

"I've seen you around school, It's nice to finally meet you" Archie said with a smile on his face, and once again I got a warm feeling inside.

"Oh! You're the girl version of Jughead all mysterious and prefers to be alone" Veronica said, I didn't know if I should be insulted or what.

"Ignore her, she really is a good person just doesn't have a filter" Betty said as she smiled at me.

"Yea, well I've gotta go. Don't wanna be late to school" I laughed nervously.

"Ok, see you around. We look forward to getting to know you better" Veronica said as she waved bye to me.

I walked away, and started heading to school. Jughead doesn't talk much, I think him and I might be able to get along.

I got to school, and headed to my first class weaving through people. I kept my head down staring at my feet as I walked. I got to my class and sat down in the back. I like getting to class first because most people catch up with their friends in the hall.

The bell rang and the classroom started filling with people. I kept my head down trying not to make eye contact with anyone, I heard the chair next to me pull out. I looked confused on why someone was sitting next to me, and there sitting next to me was Reggie. That's why he knew my name and why his voice sounded familiar, we were in the same first period. He sat down and decided to talk to me. "Hey" I mentally sighed.

"Hey" I wanted to just get up and leave now. Why is this boy messing with me? He's probably just talking to me because of a dare, Or maybe Cody didn't like the way I was always alone and is paying someone to hang out with me. Why is my brother so meddlesome?