Part 2

After a long day with Archie, Veronica, Betty, and mostly Reggie messing with me I can't wait to get to Pop's and help him out. I once again weaved through the crowd of students like I did this morning and made my way outside of the school. I quickly ran heading to Pops, trying to avoid Reggie. I managed to get to Pops without anyone messing with me. Pops once again greeted me with his warm and loving smile, I went straight to work helping Pop. I would take people's orders and he would cook then I'd bring it out to them.

After about 4 hours I decided to head home. It was getting late, and I hated myself for staying at Pops for so long cuz now it's dark and I'm terrified of the dark. I gave Pops a hug, and headed out. This is one of the times I would accept Reggie trying to hang out with me, or accept my brother meddling in my life. I don't live in the southside of town, I live on a nice street. I just don't like the dark.

While walking home I was extremely paranoid, any sound I heard freaked me out. I heard footsteps behind me and took off running, I was only 5'2 and 110 lbs so I wouldn't be able to fight anyone off. I kept running when I heard a voice from behind me "Dakota? Why are you running?" I stopped and leaned forward breathing heavily. Reggie was the one following me, he jogged up next me. "Why'd you run?" I sighed and looked over at him

"Well, I'm a 5'2 110 pound girl that could be beaten up by a dog. I'm in the dark walking alone, then something's behind me. So why the hell do you think I was running Reggie" I raised my voice at him, and instantly regretted it. I covered my mouth and tensed my muscles.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should've made myself known first" I looked up at Reggie surprised he didn't get mad at me for raising my voice.

"Oh" I said not meaning to let it slip out

"Oh? Why'd you say oh" Reggie looked completely confused.

"Oh, nothing. Do you maybe wanna walk me home? I'm not a fan of the dark" Reggie smiled and Nodded his head

"Yea, I live on this street too so I guess it kinda works out" Reggie and I laughed.

Reggie and I talked, and made jokes as he walked me home. We got to know each other a little better, and I actually really like him. He isn't that bad, I guess not everyone's bad.

We got to the curb in front of my house and I smiled at Reggie "Thanks for walking me home". Reggie smiled at me and nodded.

"No problem. See you at school tomorrow"

"Yea, see you tomorrow" Reggie and I waved bye and I stood in my yard and watched him walk away.

I walked back inside and it hit, the yelling. My mom was crying, my dad was yelling, and my brother met me at the front door. He decided to walk with me upstairs as our parents were in the kitchen screaming at each other. We went into my room "Mom and Dad are getting a divorce" Cody said bluntly.

"Oh" I said in a moment of being surprised. "That's a good thing, we won't have to deal with dad anymore"

"Dad is gonna be moving to Georgia to stay with his parents tomorrow" Cody sat on my bed

"Thank god" I said as I threw myself back on my bed. Cody stared at the floor for a second before he looked back at me.

"So, who was that boy you were with?"

"Oh, that's Reggie. He's a guy in my grade. I met him at Pops this morning. He is really nice, and I think I might kinda have a crush on him" I said as I sat up.

Cody smiled and laughed a little "Aww, my whittle sister has a boyfriend" Cody and I laughed for a little while. Cody is 22, the only reason he is still here is because he said he doesn't want to leave me with mom and dad. He has a job and is basically the only reason we have this house.

Thirty minutes later our parents stopped arguing and Cody went to his room, I got up and locked my bedroom door after he left. I always lock my door before I go to sleep, cuz I never know when my dad is gonna have one of his little tantrums.

I layed back on my bed and got out my phone. I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a notification that RegBulldog was now following me. I followed him back, only because it was Reggie, and looked through his pictures. I found pictures of him with Archie in their football uniforms and I liked only one of them trying not to act like a crazy person.

Reggie messaged me 'So, you like my football uniform?'

'How do you know I was liking the picture because of you? It could be because of the handsome ginger, Archie'

'But he has a girlfriend, if you're crushing on him then you are seriously brave. Veronica will hurt you'

'Well, maybe it was a little for you'

'I knew it, no one can stand the charms of Reggie Mantle'

'Lol, I wouldn't jinx yourself'

'Lol, so do you wanna come to our football game tomorrow? There is gonna be a party afterwards at my house'

'Sounds fun Bulldog, count me in'

'See you there Jane Doe'

I sat my phone down on my stomach and giggled and stared up at the ceiling. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have some friends. I'll give Reggie, Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead a go. Maybe they can change my view on society.