VI: Pumped up

"Hanuel?"

I flipped towards the door to spot a man in white shirt standing at the door frame.

"Appa!" I galloped to him as he took a few steps closer and hugged him tight."Appa you're back already? You were supposed to get here tomorrow afternoon right?"

Dad caressed my back,"Yes that was the ultimate plan but I was dying to see my girl as soon as possible. Why? Aren't you happy for my early arrival?"

I twitched his nose tip,"Don't be silly appa. I'm so damn happy to see you!"

He cupped my cheeks,"Okhay I got it. Now go to sleep, it's late. I thought you would be asleep already and I would tiptoe in to plant a kiss on your precious crown as I used to do before."

A giggle bounced off my lips,"Actually I came home late today. I went to visit one of my friends at his place and they pulled me in to join for dinner. So I couldn't deny them. Besides eomma is with aunt Miryoung. She said she would be back by next morning."

"Oh okhay let's not waste anymore time then. Go fill in your bed and I'll go too. I need to rest my tired limbs a bit," dad said, forwarding me to the billet.

I slipped inside the covers but called him back when he was turning to leave,"Appa, I know you're tired but can I ask you one question?"

Dad paused by, "Ye sure. What is it?"

"Do you have any of the studio managers in your contacts?"

Dad perched beside me on the bed edge, "Why are you asking me this all of a sudden? Do you want to take up acting or something?"

I chuckled, "No appa. I have a friend. He's really good at performing arts. But unfortunately his financial conditions aren't that satisfying. So I want to assist him for achieving his dream."

"Are you sure you aren't in love and are just friends?" dad darted his eyes at me, a slight smile lingering his lips.

I gulped, "Of course not! Please dad."

I didn't know atleast not anything about love. Damn dad's thoughts are so catchy and peculiar.

"Hmm let me think," he pressed his edges together as he mindfully scanned his friends list, "Yes I do have one. You know him as well. Do you remember Mr. Lee Hajin?"

"CEO of DNA Entertainment? Is that the one you're talking about?"

"Yep that same Hajin, my age old classmate. That's him. He can definitely help you in this," dad uttered while giving me a soft beam.

Euphoria electrified my nerves almost giving me goosebumps. I exclaimed joyfully, "Thank you so much appa! You don't know what a load you brushed off my shoulders!"

"Always there for you my little princess. Now come on close your eyes," he ran his palm over my sockets when I shutted them. I felt something soft touching my forehead.

The lights turned off and I opened my lids once again. I noted dad slowly closing out and the room became all dark and black. Out of the blue, Hoseok's face popped up before my orbs. His shiny energetic smile and the soft gaze in his eyes. On finding him that way, my lips indubitably extended in both directions as I gradually drifted into a deep slumber.

Morning arrived with its whole lot of bright rays knocking at the window pane. I blinked to soothe the optic nerves with the luminescence. The rose pink curtains let go all its efforts to block the light from shooting in.

I stretched out my arms to wake the sleepy bones.

"Hanuel seems very happy today see," Chen mumbled in the ears of the three girls, Jiwoo, Aren and Lara.

I was walking, basically almost dancing in my own rhythm such that I didn't notice that the other four were already backed off. Dancing without any plugs on. Did this ever happen to anyone?

"Hey Hanuel!" Hoseok came sauntering across the lawn. I gleered a beam, "Hoseok! Hi! Good morning."

"There comes the reason behind her untold joy," spat Aren, her hands trailed to her waist as she stood like a gangster. Her cheeks smiled at our cute meet.

Hoseok grinned, "Yeah good morning. Hope you didn't face any problem while going home last eve."

"No I'm totally alright," I replied. We ambled along till our classroom was spotted on the way.

"Hurry up guys. Report to the gym room right now!!" a guy announced as everybody got changed for the physical education class.

My friends accompanied me in the hall. It was huge. All the students were hustling inside the four walls of the room that echoed always creating a buzz.

"Silence please. Students behave yourself," the trainer raised, "I met an accident last day. I fell down the stairs and hurt my knees. I won't be able to show you the moves so somebody among you will come up here and recap what we did last class."

Everyone lined up in seperate queues for girls and boys respectively.

"So who's going to do it?" The teacher observed the room, "Hoseok would you like to come up?"

Hoseok readily approached the front. A little later, Hoseok commenced the steps, "One, two, three,....."

Soon Hoseok's yellow t-shirt got soaked with his sweat. Sweat droplets blossomed on his crown that glistened as it glided down his temples, reaching his sharp jaw line and finally dropping into his chest.

Some female whisper was heard through the crowd behind, "Hoseok is so hot. I think I like him." Whereas some other girls muttered under their breaths, "Aah me too!"

I replaced my orbs at the man in front whose half of the shirt was transparent already. Biting my lower lip, I looked away cursing my virgin eyes.

I grabbed my bottle for getting some rehydrating serum. Working out is not that easy as I thought it to be. But Hoseok was cool. He was merrily chatting away with his mates as he usually does, wiping his sweat molecules by a towel.

"Heya Hanuel!" Hoseok waved at me, "Wait up. I've something to tell you!"

I slid my skull to say yes but then Lara poked me, "Is something going on between you two? Hmm I doubt something fishy," she darted her eyes at me as she leaned in towards me.

"Of course not! Have you lost your mind? We're just friends. JUST FRIENDS!" I highlighted my words with as much strength as I could.

When all the population retired from the hall, only Hoseok and me were the ones who were left behind. He advanced to me, "Here hold onto these. I'll be back."

He handed me his towel and water bottle as he went to get some stuffs. I placed them on a platform nearby and waited for him to get there. While he was returning, his hands were hidden at his back. I peeped to the side to look what he got.

All of a sudden, he forced punches at me. His hands were covered up in red boxing gloves that he shooted. Though none of them were intended to hit me, still perplexion feigned me to step back.

"What are you doing Hoseok? You'll kill me!" I screeched on realising his punches coming closer with every second. "Hoseok stop it!" Yet that didn't concern him to pause. At one point his arm flew straight on my face. I somehow managed to duck at the right time.

"Hoseok!"

"Hanuel! You did it!" Hoseok's sole voice reverberated from the farthest wall.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Double update!!! Hope you are liking it^^ Ily