i forgot to name this chapter

"Alright, ladies." Annabeth, the designated leader of this week- and every other week's- capture the flag, started with a clap. "So, game plan." She kneeled down, unsheathing her sword and beginning to draw in the dirt.

Her team consisted of cabins one, three, six, seven, nine, ten, thirteen, and fourteen, while Clarisse, the designated leader of their opposing team, had gotten four, five, eleven, twelve, fifteen, and sixteen on her side. Annabeth reasoned that it was more than fair, as cabin eleven was packed full of campers who simply didn't have their own cabin, considering the furthest they had gotten in the construction of new cabins before- well, before everything, was cabin sixteen. The entirety of Hecate "cabin," for example, was crashing in the already crowded cabin eleven.

Nico and his team were crowded at the opening of the woods, opposite the other team. They were huddling around in a loose circle as Annabeth drew a crude map to explain her plan. Percy was leaning against Annabeth's shoulder, his hair falling in his face as he inspected the ground. Jason and Piper were holding hands next to them, paying close attention. The other campers managed to get a view of her map, even if they weren't in the close inner circle.

Will pushed his way next to Nico, eyed the jacket, patches sewn on, and smiled, but said nothing.

"Okay." Annabeth drew a few small circles, carefully precise. "Here's where we start, here's our base. There's their start point, and there's their base."

"Hey, di Angelo." Will whispered. Nico nodded in response. "Ready for your first capture the flag in four years?"

"If I remember correctly, these things aren't that hard to win." Nico responded quietly, watching Annabeth drawing her plan in the ground, and making sure she hadn't heard them.

"That's because everybody goes easy on the ten year old. And now you can do all this Underworld shit. I officially clear you, if only because I want to win. You're a real competitor, Sunshine."

"How reckless, Solace. You could lose a medical license for that, you know."

"Ah, well, luckily I never received one to begin with. Stuck with my policies, I'm afraid. And my policies say win this game for us, di Angelo. Prove you can take it,"

Will was clearly joking, but Nico was irked nonetheless. Did this man have no fear? Had Nico lost his terrifying touch? Or was Will just incredibly stupid?

"Prove I can- Excuse me? Have my 4 full years of experience outside of this camp made it seem as though I'm not qualified for capture the flag?"

Will smirked, clearly glad to have riled Nico up, which only served to make him more irritated. "I don't know, Nico, I've never seen you in action. I'd kill for a visual, but I guess if you're too afraid to play the game..."

Nico scowled. "I'll show you a damn visual, Solace." Unfortunately, before he could do much of anything besides raising his hand, Annabeth began to talk again, satisfied with her drawn out plan. He settled for a glare at Solace, and crossed his arms, turning back to Annabeth.

"Percy," she continued, "you know your job. Guard our side of the creek, douse anyone or anything trying to cross. Grace, help 'em. No electrocution, please and thank you, you all know the rules." Jason nodded.

"Pipes, you come with me, Malcom, Bea, Austin, Kayla, and Nyssa. We'll make our way to the flag." She drew a line from their starting point to Ares' flag.

Nico sensed a spark of something in Piper's eyes as she watched Annabeth sketch out her plan in the sand. Whatever it was, Nico watched it disappear as quickly as it had arrived. She let go of Jason's hand and folded her arms around her chest.