03 - behind the girl

I'm so excited for the storyline I made for this fic, I hope you guys like it too!

this chapter is a deeper insight into who Minjee is as a person, and I'm really hoping you guys like her!

NOT PROOFREAD!

I apologize for any typos and mistakes!

Minjee wakes up early as always, she struggles though to drag herself into the bathroom in order to take a shower and get ready for the day

Min Minjee was someone who always wanted to keep it simple, not bothering to stand out physically— although she sees nothing wrong with other people doing so— it just wasn't her thing.

She rarely put on make up if it wasn't for dates and important formal events, she would just slap on some random lip tint and maybe mascara on a good day and be on her way.

She makes her way down from her room, designer bag in hand and heads towards the dining room to feed her growling stomach.

"Minjee-ah! Good morning sweetheart, come sit hurry. Your dad made your favorite breakfast." Her Mom exclaims once she catches sight of Minjee.

Minjee breaks into a grin and proceeds to bunny hop quickly towards the table, settling beside her father who was seated at the head of the table, her mother across from her.

"Good morning Mom, Dad! This looks great dad!" She exclaims, grinning widely as her Father placed two whole pieces of vegetable pancakes on her plate. "What's the occasion dad?" She asks, wondering why her busy father made time to make her breakfast today instead of letting their in-home chef do the cooking.

"Well, the Vice Principal called me and he had some amazing news!" He explains, teasing grin on his face and Minjee's mom chuckles at that.

"Mwo? What is it?" She asks, mouth full which earns her a light playful tap on the hand from her Mom who reminds her to not speak with her mouth full.

Minjee's Dad takes his sweet time before revealing the information, teasingly taking a long sip of his coffee which has her pouting.

"You've been chosen to represent Saebom at an International debate competition 2 months from now." He offers, and Minjee let's the information sink in for exactly 3 seconds before she's breaking out in a grin. "Seriously?!" She exclaims, standing up abruptly and begins to jump up and down.

That was something that was special to her, if anyone couldn't already tell.

Min Minjee was raised by her parents yes, two of the most well known business people in the ASEAN region— but she was also raised by Min Yoon-ki; South Korea's most prominent defense attorney.