06 - bonding

800 reads omg 😭🥺

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying the bouts of my imagination

Minjee and Seojun get back to class just in time for the next subject

Minjee and Seojun get back to class just in time for the next subject. There Minjee finds out that Ahn Hyunkyu apologized to Jugyeong, and he also sent a small apology to Minjee for having gotten frosting all over her as well.

As soon as class ends, Minjee perches herself on Jugyeong's desk.

"So Ju, let's go shopping later. I'll treat you to some bingsu!" Minjee whispers, wanting it to be a 'date' with just the two of them.

Jugyeong's eyes widen slightly, before a smile graces her lips. "I'd love to go!" She exclaims.

"Cool! It'll be fun, we'll shop and eat til we drop." Minjee giggles.

------   ༉‧₊˚✧ -----

"That's when I knew that I hated PE..." Minjee finishes recalling as she and Jugyeong dug into their bingsu.

They'd been shopping for a bit and had managed to snatch up a few new products. Jugyeong ended up buying a new cushion foundation and some eyeshadow palletes. While Minjee just bought a new tint.

"I mean I get you, PE isn't exactly the best thing ever." The Lim girl shrugs, holding a spoon of her own bingsu towards the Min girl.

Minjee shakes her head and refuses politely. "I'm deadly allergic to all kinds of nuts." She explains, seeing that the Lim girl had ordered a hazelnut chocolate bingsu.

Jugyeong's mouth forms an O, and she nods in understanding. "Really? That must be hard though."

"Yeah, I have to always be cautious of the food I eat, I always ask before hand if they contain nut based products and such. And I always have an epi-pen with me!" Minjee exclaims, rummaging through her back for second before she pulls out a pen like object.

Jugyeong takes it and looks at it interestingly. "What does it do?" She asks out of curiosity.

"My throat closes up when I ingest something made from nuts or nuts itself, and this little fellow saves my life." She explains in a light tone, trying not to make it seem as serious as it should be.

"Wah, that's insane. Don't worry I'll protect you from all kinds of nuts in this world." Jugyeong says seriously.

Minjee and Jugyeong stare at each other for what seems to be a few seconds before bursting out laughing at the unintended double-entendre.

"I'm glad we got to spend time together Ju!" Minjee exclaims, smiling widely at the girl.

"Me too, and I feel much more at ease knowing that you know my secret to be honest." Jugyeong says shyly.

"Yah don't worry about it, my lips are forever sealed. I stand by my previous statement though, you look pretty with or without makeup." The Min girl says, earning her a half-hearted swat on the arm from the Lim girl.

"By the way Ju, how'd you end up with Seojun's helmet?" Minjee asks, as it's been plaguing her thoughts for a while now.

Jugyeong blanches at the thought of the hot-headed wild horse of Saebom High. "Ah, I ran into him a few nights ago? He was running from other dudes that seemed to have it out for him."

Minjee scoffs, knowing it was Sungyong and his worthless gang.

"Did you get hurt by any of them?" She asks Jugyeong in concern

"Aniyo! They didn't even see me, only Seojun. I guess he recognized me when he came to school." Jugyeong reassures.

Minjee chuckles. "Don't be scared of Seojun, Ju. He's a real softie, he just has this stupid bad boy persona."

Jugyeong stares softly at Minjee. "You guys seem pretty close? He's your bestfriend right?"

"Yeah, we've been friends since the fifth grade." Minjee smiles, recalling the time where 11 year old Han Seojun would fight the bullies who'd steal Minjee's hair pin or her lollipops.

"So are you close with Lee Suho too?" Jugyeong asks shyly.

"I mean before yeah, now not so much? For obvious reasons. It's not like were enemies and despise each other." Minjee rolls her eyes as she recalls Seojun and Suho's dramatic asses. "Unlike Seojun and Suho, Suho and I still talk sometimes. Seojun can't do anything about it because he knows I don't choose sides."

Jugyeong nods. "Lee Suho seems like a jerk though."

Minjee lets out a loud snort. "He does, doesn't he? But trust me, that's just his persona like Seojun. He's not as mean as he seems Ju. I mean he helped you out with me right? I was surprised too." Minjee winks and that rouses a blush onto the Lim girl's cheeks.

"Wait? Do you like Suho?" Minjee asks, eyes widening as she finally comes to a realization.

Jugyeong's eyes widen to match hers and immediately shakes her head rapidly. "Uh! No no! It's just I think he knows, I told you right? I think he knows what I look like without makeup too." She rushes out.

"Ju, it's fine to have a crush!" Minjee chuckles, not believing the Lim girl's excuses.

Jugyeong sighs. "Not a crush, more like I'm just intrigued? I don't think it's a crush yet." she explains, putting her face in her hands.

Minjee pats her shoulders comfortingly. "You'll be fine Ju! Come on I'll have my driver drop you off at home." Minjee suggests, knowing that her parents sent Mr. Kim to pick her up from the mall.

------ ༉‧₊˚✧ -----

"Thanks for dropping me off Minmin! You didn't have to!" Jugyeong says

Minjee shakes her head. "Don't worry about it Ju! See you tomorrow!" She yells out, waving at her new found bestfrienf as she makes her way back to her car.

Minjee was happy to have another best friend, Sure Soo-ah and Soojin were always there - but something about Jugyeong was different, she felt closer with her for some reason. She wants to protect the girl from anything or anyone that tries to hurt her, to somehow redeem herself from failing to do so with Seyeon.

Cause in Min Minjee's mind, protecting and being there for Jugyeong was the least she could do, after failing to save Seyeon.

this is a filler chapter and it's not proof read as well :( I'm sorry!!