Chapter 4

That wasn't at all what he wanted to hear from one of his best friends. How did he so quickly turn into this freezing cold character?

"OK what is your problem in this George? You avoid me like the pest! What did I do to you to deserve this?"

Anger was bubbling in his gut, cooking up with all the emotions he had swallowed down over the last days.

"My problem?!"

The boy chuckled, but it was a dangerously low one that caused dreams neck hairs to stand up. It was breathtaking in the worst possible way.

"My problem is that you whore yourself around and it's disgusting me. I mean. You fucking have Nick as your boyfriend! Why would you go around and kiss Karl? Why would you cheat on Sap, are you completely bonkers?! How-"

Was that what George thought the situation was like? How did he come to the absurd idea that sapnap was his boyfriend?

Like yes, the thought wasn't directly disgusting to him, but he was far from ever admitting, nor telling sap or George about it.

"George that's not-"

"Shut up and listen to me. I am not done talking yet Clay!"

His eyes were dark and fixated on him, staring imaginary holes throw his chest. All Dream could do was shut up and listen to the fragile boy.

"Why are you throwing sap away like that? He is.. He is such a great person and you don't even see his worth do you? How over your head are you man? You kiss sap on the couch just to make out of with Karl not even half an hour later? Did you really think I wouldn't notice? Wouldn't notice you two being closer than we ever were. Disappearing in your room all the time and leaving me alone, did you really think I would not get that?!"

Oh no he was crying. Big angry tears ran down Georges cheeks as he was yelling at dreams face. His voice went more and more high pitched, being interrupted by hiccups from time to time. This was heart breaking to watch.

"George.. George no that is not it! That is not it at all! I am not-"

"We aren't boyfriends George, we're best friends just like you and me are."

Sapnap was suddenly standing in the doorframe, apparently he had listened in to what he was talking. This whole situation just got a whole lot more awkward then.

"Stop lying I know you two-"

"He was helping me with my fucked up mind George."

This got the brown haired boy to quiet for a time, looking over at dream with a questioning look in his face. At the same time sapnap put a hand on his shoulder, as to ease the anxiety inside him a bit.

"I have not been feeling well the last weeks or so. Hell I never was truly good but it just got worse. I tried to bury myself in work to not have a moment to even consider thinking bad things, but it all got too much. It was stressing me to the point of panic attacks and Sapnap was there for me. The times we went to my room? I was bawling my eyes out over stupid stuff because I don't know how to react to simple mistakes.."

The whole time that dream was talking, George had been quietly sitting in his chair, eyes fixated on his hands in his lap.

"I don't have a good mental health and you mentioned that you don't know how to react to people crying so I hid it from you. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable and the thing about Karl and sapnap this morning-"

If dream was already explaining his shit, he might as well come straight with his maybe not so straight action this morning.

"Huh? What happened this morning? I just came up after I heard George yell that we were apparently dating?"