VII

"This is a stupid song," Peter complained, digging his head into his pillow

"This is a stupid song," Peter complained, digging his head into his pillow. "We've already listened to it ten bloody times." As Sirius danced around their dorm room he passed by Peter's bed and kicked the boy's legs that were hanging out.

Remus walked over to their record player nodding his head up and down as he picked up the stylus so they could reset the song.

"Lighten up, Worm," James chuckled. "I don't want to act like I'm just blindly supporting Padfoot's awful way of showing affection towards the Bernard girl, but in all honesty, it isn't a bad song. She's got good music taste." The boy began playing an invisible drum set, pretending that he had two sticks in his hands as he flailed his arms up and down.

"It was bad enough that Sirius would watch her from afar. Now that he's given her an actual gift taking the form of this record, he feels like he actually has a chance with the poor girl," Remus yelled over the music as he relaxed into the soft comfort of his bed while James continued jamming out.

"Are you ready, Steve?" James chanted pointing to Sirius.

"Uh-huh," he replied.

James turned to Remus. "Andy?"

"Yeah!" Remus muffled in his pillow.

"Mick?" James nodded his head up and down while smirking at Peter.

"Okay," he lazily sang.

"Alright fellas," he shook his hands in the air, "let's go!"

In unison, the three out of the four Marauders jumped up in their places before furiously nodding their heads up and down. Peter discreetly nodded his head and tapped his fingers onto the bed frame of his bed.

Sirius skipped around the room and grabbed James's hand, forcing him to dance with him. Sirius and James yelled the lyrics at the top of their lungs while Remus and Peter amusingly watched them on their beds.

"Those two look like gay lovers who finally realized they were meant to be," Remus joked as he scurried over to sit next to Peter on his bed.

"I always thought out of all the four of us, the gay lovers would be you and Sirius," Peter giggled. Remus rolled his eyes before suffocating the boy with a pillow.

Sirius held his fist up near his mouth pretending to hold a microphone. "Oh, I see a man in the back, as a matter of fact, his eyes were as red as the sun,"

"And the girl in the corner that no one ignores, 'cause she thinks she's the passionate one," James excitingly finished. Sirius and James both started shrieking at the top of their lungs.

Just then, four slow knocks were dealt onto the door of their dorm as their music continued playing in the background. Surprisingly, the knocks were louder than their music.

"The four of you, turn it down, will ya?" the Gryffindor head boy's voice echoed in the outside hallway. They stayed still, letting the music still play before the head boy walked off.