IX

"You got detention?" Nuna held in a laugh

"You got detention?" Nuna held in a laugh. James whacked her in the head with his Astrology assignment making her slightly wince.

"Not just detention. I can't be the announcer for the upcoming Quidditch game anymore," Sirius said sadly. "It's bullshit!"

"I mean, what'd you expect?" Nuna said honestly. "You were the only students near the common room entrance that weren't Slytherins and had none-dyed hair. McGonagall isn't an idiot. She probably also knew you four would do something anyway."

"Doesn't mean her choice wasn't bull," Sirius grumbled.

Remus messed his own hair up as he unbuttoned his shirt. "We have to go to the Slytherin common room, clean up the mess we made, and fix everyone's hair."

"We can start by fixing yours," Peter said as he threw a small vile at the girl. Without even looking she caught it with one hand and examined it. It was a light reddish liquid that glistened as she pointed it in front of a bright sunray shining onto them in the Quad.

"It tastes like chocolate apples and it'll turn your hair back into its original color," Peter informed.

She turned it in circles before quickly throwing it back to Peter. Not thinking she'd throw it back, Peter stumbling as he tried to not drop and break the glass vial.

"I don't need it," she said. The boys looked at her weirdly, waiting for her to explain. "The dye is temporary, right? Meaning without the potion it'll still come out?" They all nodded but Peter still held a face of great concern.

"But it might take quite some time to—,"

"I'll just wait," she crossed her legs as she leaned onto Sirius's shoulder as they sat on a bench together. "Honestly I don't really dislike my hair and anyway, I can't stand the taste of chocolate. I truly hate it."

Remus gasped so loudly the entire school could probably hear it. Maybe even the entire country of Scotland.

"You hate chocolate? How-why—, who hurt you?" he genuinely asked. Nuna only laughed.

"It's too sweet. I don't like many sweet things," she said.

"Again, who hurt you?"

Nuna laughed. "Oh, sod off."

"At least keep it," Peter reached it over to her waiting for her to take it. "You could always change your mind."

Nuna rolled her eyes but took it and pocketed it. "Fine. But just know I won't."

As the rest of the Marauders began to discuss their favorite type of chocolate, Sirius started playing with her hair. He liked the scent that irradiated from Nuna. The immense smell of roses and fruits made him crave her even more, and the familiar scent of red wine made him fold.

It was a strange scent, one that reminded him of being home at the Black mansion. It sent him a feeling of safety and solitude, as well as excitement and mystery.