Chapter 4

** This is my first novel. If you have any tips on how to make the chapter better or make more sense, please leave a comment**

 The phone was on its third ring when a woman's voice answered.

"Hello, this is Georgia Daron, how can I help you?"

"Mom? It's Millie," I responded.

"Millie? Oh honey are you alright?" my mother said, sounding worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine mom. So crazy story, I'm actually at this place called The Agency and they told me that I'm an alien species called the anthane and-"

"I didn't expect they would come so soon," my mother interrupted.

"What?"

"Well, it's just, I knew they were going to come but I thought it would be much later."

"You...knew?" I asked, anger creeping into my tone.

"Of course I knew honey."

"Georgia, who's on the phone?" I heard my dad's voice say in the background.

"It's Millie. She's calling from The Agency." My mom's voice was muffled by, what I assume, was her hand covering the microphone on the landline.

Then I heard a few shuffling noises and my dad spoke into the phone.

"Millie?"

"Yeah dad, it's me."

"So you found out, huh?" he said slowly.

"You knew too?" I shrieked.

"I volunteered." he confessed.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" I yelled. "YOU BOTH KNEW AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME?"

"We couldn't. I'm-"

Before he could finish, I slammed the phone down on the receiver, in tears, and curled up on the bed. How could they have kept something like this from me? We were family, we told each other everything!

~          ~          ~          ~          ~

I was still crying as I looked through my dresser and found a nice pair of jeans and a forest green knit sweater. After I changed out of my old clothes, I went into the bathroom to clean my tear-stained face. I splashed the warm water over my cheeks, trying to control my breathing and crying. I looked up at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers through my wavy chestnut hair. My dark brown eyes were red from tears, so I closed them, not wanting to look at myself anymore.

I heard a knock on the door. "Millie?" Noah asked. "It's dinner time."

"One second," I yelled. Crap, I forgot about dinner. I tried to clean and dry my face as fast as I could. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about my eyes.

"Millie!" he called again.

I dashed to the door, flinging it wide open.

"Sorry!" I squeaked.

Noah chuckled, then looked at me closer. His grin was gone in seconds.

"Have you been crying?"

"I-, yeah," I responded quietly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, his voice soft.

I shook my head, "Not right now"

"Well come on, we're gonna be late" He walked down the carpeted hallway and to the elevator. I stumbled after him.