Day five

"Good morning, Katsuki," I said.

"Why are you up?"

"I've been reading all night, and I finally finished this book!"

"How did it end?"

"Turns out, he was the prince all along, and he got Connor arrested."

"Wow. What are you reading next?"

"Well, I finished all the books on the bookshelf. Is there somewhere I can get more?"

"All those books? Jeez," he mumbled. "The prince's study. You can ask him later, cuz you've got a lunch date."

"Oh, alright. Cool. So! What's for breakfast?"

~~~~~

"Where are you going? Your date is in ten minutes, in the library!"

"I'm gonna go thank the cooks! I'll be right back!" I exclaimed as I ran down the long hallway. Once I got to the kitchen, I knocked on the door before I pushed it open. "Hey, guys!"

"____, hi!" The head chef, Lunch Rush, exclaimed.

"What brings you by?" Uraraka said.

"I just came to thank you guys again for the food," I said with a smile. "And for putting it on that cart, so Katsuki and I could eat in my room."

"You're welcome," Lunch Rush said. "Now get out of my kitchen! We have lunch to prepare!"

I laughed. "Alright, see you guys later!"

~~~~~

"About time!" Katsuki said.

"Sorry! I got lost..."

"You have such a shit sense of direction! Just c'mon before we're late."

"Yea yea," you said with an eye roll as you and Katsuki started walking to the library.

"Ready?"

"Yea?"

Katsuki opened the door and you immediately gasped. The walls themselves were tall bookshelves with a long twisted staircase around the room and large windows. Around the room were smaller bookshelves around the room, all filled with books.

"There are so many books," you mumbled as you looked around. "It's beautiful."

"Glad you like it," Shoto said, making you jump in surprise. You looked around, only to see that Katsuki was already gone. "Katsuki told me that you read all of the books in your room and that you like reading, so I thought we should have lunch in here."

You looked at Shoto and smiled. "Thank you for thinking of me. This place is amazing!" You exclaimed before you quickly walked over to a bookshelf, only to stop mid-step. You had realized that you were probably being rude due to your excitement.

"Uh-"

Shoto chuckled. "It's okay, pick something you like." You smiled and skimmed the bookshelf, grabbing the books that you thought were interesting. You had grabbed about five books before you walked over to a small couch, with a table in front of it, where Shoto sat. Shoto glanced up from his book and looked at you, a small smile dusted his face as he watched you.

Once you sat, he spoke. "Nice choices."

"Yea, they seem like pretty good books."

"Since you finished off the bookcase in your room in," Shoto paused. "Three days, I can assume you'd probably finish a few books today?"

You nodded. "Yea, sometimes the books are too good to put down. I stayed up yesterday reading the last two from the shelf."

Shoto nodded. "You must be very intelligent then? What am I saying, you beat me in chess the other day, so of course you are."

You shrugged. "I guess."

"Intelligence is a very important quality for a queen. Honestly, most of the girls here lack that quality."

"If you don't mind me asking, are there any girls here that interest you?"

Shoto nodded. "Yea," he said. "Just one. Speaking of which, we'll be spending a lot more time together. There are girls here I don't like, so I won't bother spending any more time on dates with them."

"That's not very nice," you said in an amused tone.

Shoto shrugged. "No use in wasting my time with people I don't like. In the past, I didn't like any of them, so Izuku just scheduled dates, but since there is someone that I like," he trailed off looking at you. "I wanna give her all of my attention."

"You're very devoted to her for only knowing her for five days."

"I've met her before," he said with a shrug. "Briefly, but she doesn't know yet."

"You should tell her," you said, blowing a stray curl out of your face. Shoto, surprisingly, skillfully put the free hair behind the hairpin you wore. A small blush dusted both of your cheeks.

"Thanks," you mumbled before clearing your throat. "Anyways, have you read this?"

"I have. It's a good choice."

After that, you and Shoto sat in comfortable silence, reading your respected books, until someone you've brought in lunch.

"Uraraka!" Shoto looked at you in slight confusion.

"Oh, Hey, ___! How's the date going?"

"I think it's going well. Thank you for lunch."

"You're welcome- well, I should get going. We've gotta finish lunch for the rest of the girls."

"Tell Lunch Rush I said thanks!"

"I will," Uraraka said before she walked out of the library.

"You've met the kitchen staff?"

You nodded. "Yea, I went to thank them a few days ago, and now we talk every day."

"That's... nice. I don't think anyone that's come here has ever befriended any staff."

You shrugged. "I don't see why. They cook our food and stuff, so the least we could do is thank them."

Shoto smiled. "Yea, that's true," he said. "I love how kind you are. That is very rare now and days."

"I wouldn't go that far. I do have a temper sometimes."

"Don't we all?" Shoto said with a chuckle.

"Well, anyway," you paused. "Let's get to know each other more."

"Alright, how about 20 questions while we eat?"

"20 questions? Sounds fun."

What questions would you ask Shoto?