𝟮𝟬 ❤︎

chapter twenty ;; telepathic ; confessions

You've changed so much and everything about you is so admirable...

"...Oh."

"Uh—, sorry. I can pay for it, Lee."

"No, no! I insist, I can! Y/n has helped me with training, and I'd like to repay the favor! I can do it!"

"Well, Y/n has helped me a lot... and I've made a mistake. I'd like to apologize for that mistake..."

You raised a brow at his comment.

"No, I promise it's fine! But what was your mistake?"

"None of your business... I've got it, Lee. Save your money."

"No—."

"Here you go, pops. Keep the change."

A familiar soft, yet raspy voice said while handing him money. Teuchi took it, after all, money is money. Lee and Neji stared at him, a bit disappointed because neither of them could pay. You turned around, only to see a familiar blond-haired boy with gentle blue eyes.

Inochi Yamanaka, your savior.

Lee sighed and Neji's eye twitched.

"Thanks, Inochi. I'll repay you later. And thank you two for trying to help."

The two boys were quick to say "you're welcome!" with a smile on their faces.

"Uh, Y/n, do you mind if I speak to you—?"

"Y/n, I need you to come with me for a sec." Inochi grabbed your hand, pulling you up from the chair.

"Uh—, when will you come back?"

"Chill, Neji. I'll bring your girlfriend back as soon as we finish."

"S-She's not my girlfriend." He stuttered, cheeks flushing red.

"...Anyway, let's go. Don't you wanna give your boyfriend a kiss before you go?"

"Fuck off." You held your middle finger up at him, snatching the hand he'd held away.

He snickered. "C'mon."

You picked up your purse, the two of you disappearing into thin air before you could even say your goodbyes. A quiet 'finally' escaped Tenten's mouth, which hadn't gone unnoticed by Neji.

Inochi brought you to a tea shop in exchange for a conversation with you. There was a certain jutsu between you, Inochi, and Toshiro. It's been a secret from anyone for years, and the jutsu is called Telepathy. Inochi found a way to connect the chakra running through your brains, connecting them by a tiny amount. That said, a mere call of either or both of their names would alert them and you'd be able to speak to them. However, it was different to simply think about each other, because you didn't have the intention to talk to them.

An example of that is when you were on a mission a couple of months before you came back to the leaf village. You'd called out for Toshiro when you were in trouble, injured, and barely able to keep moving due to the strength of your foe. The second he heard you call his name, he was using his flash step to get to you.