Not What I Was Expecting..

(Y/n) walked into class the next day with the Dark Arm Meister and his weapon. Maka immediately grabbed her hands and the (e/c) eyed girl flinched. "Maka-" "(Y/N!), please tell me you've heard from Kid or the twins..." (Y/n) arched a brow. "No.. Sorry. Why?" The scythe meister sighed and looked away in the distance, hugging her arms. 

"They never came back from yesterday and they won't answer any of our calls. We tried going to the Manor too, but no one was home.." A pang of... something.. hit (Y/n) and her brows furrowed. This even caught Black Star's attention, as he released his care-free poise and listened. 

The ninja shook his head. "Nah, that can't be right. Kid, Liz and Patty have gotta be one of the few really strong meister groups in Shibusen. How can they not deal with a big Kishin?" Soul shrugged and slouched, standing beside his meister. "Dunno. But it sure is weird.." Tsubaki blinked.

"Maybe the Kishin ran and they tried to chase it...?" Black Star crossed his arms. "Doubt it. Kid knows better than that." The group was silent and Soul and Maka began whispering. The meister nodded and Soul squeezed her shoulder, turning to the rest. "Maka and I'll try searching for him tonight. Maybe we'll try to get the Kishin while we're at it. Okay?" 

Black Star pat his best friend's back. "You be careful out there tonight. And don't you guys go disappearing on me ya hear?" The albino nodded and the classes that day were dark and gloomy. Even Stein wasn't in the mood, he just rolled in on his chair and let the class do whatever. 

Later that night, Maka and Soul roamed the empty streets. The meister hugged her arms and shivered. "This is creepy.. I know we've been through worse, but seeing how Kid would just disappear without a trace.. Well.. It's not what I was expecting.." Soul stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed. "We aren't getting any good leads either, huh? Sense anything?"

A quick blue wave emit from Maka and the teenager groaned in defeat. The scythe frowned, "Nothing, eh?" Upon travelling further into Death City, the pigtailed girl flinched. "Soul, I've got a bad feeling about this.. Transform into a scythe." Without any hesitation or questions, he did so. "So, what did you sense? Kid?" 

"No.. I think it's the Kishin.." A shiver was sent up her spine as a cackling sound came from all around them. "Poor, poor souls.." It taunted over and over. 'It's just a Kishin.. Asura is scarier and stronger than this thing.. I can handle it.. It's just a Kishin..' The meister reassured herself, gripping the scythe tighter in her hands. "Sh.. Show yourself!" 

Soul's image reflected on the blade of the deadly weapon. "Where is it..? Can't you feel it's wavelength?" Wiping some sweat off her forehead, Maka huffed. "It's moving around too fast.. I can't pinpoint it's location exactly.." 

"Well, that's just a pain.." She took a step and what happened next was as if the girl just stepped on a land mine or triggered a tripwire. A large Kishin dropped from a building, it's claws ready to attack the small girl. Maka was able to block with Soul for now and skid backwards. "Is that it?" Maka huffed and nod. "Yeah.. That's one strong soul.." 

The Kishin licked it's lips. "Grigori Soul.." This caused Maka to freeze. "How was it able to identify my soul..?!" "Don't think about that and focus, Maka!" Snapping out of her thoughts, she roughly dodged an attack which left a gash in her arm. "See what I mean? Stop worrying about the little things and fight, Maka! It's just a Kishin!" 

Maka snapped. "Shut up, Soul! You try being the meister for once! I'm the one taking the hits here!" The duo instantly regret the small quarrel as the Kishin rammed it's head to Maka's stomach, sending both to fly backwards into a building. The meister lost consciousness upon impact and Soul clucked his tongue as the Kishin made it's way to both of them. 

"So not cool.."

(Time Skip Brought By Penguins)

Stepping into class late, (Y/n)'s eyes widened and she ran up to Black Star's seat. Tsubaki had a worried look on her face and (Y/n)"s heart sunk. "Maka and Soul.. Didn't come back yesterday, did they?" The Japanese girl shook her head and worry flooded (Y/n)'s body. 

"What do we do? First Kid and the twins.. Now Maka and Soul.. We can't send anyone else out and put them in danger.." The blue haired assassin sighed. "Alright, time to put an end to this. We're going out tonight. If we can't find the Kishin, we keep trying. If we do, then it'll bring us to where the others are.. Hopefully.. Okay?"

(Y/n) nod slowly. "Y-Yeah.. Let's do it..."

(With Telesto)

"Hmhm~! Look at this.. Their souls are trembling in fear. Well~! Shall we invite our main characters to the play, Ungues?" Growling in excitement, the Kishin raced back to Death City for it's last victims. Of course, before Telesto's last remark. "Bring the strong one and (Y/n) here alive. You can kill the other one if you want to." 

"She is not needed."