Promise Ring

It was Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day was also my birthday

walked to school and had my bike by my side as I talked to Sam.

"Sam. What if he breaks up with me. That's why he hasn't asked me to be his valentine" I said frowning.

"ADELINE!. Stop thinking about it so negatively!" Sam said.

"But what if he does!" I said frowning.

"He won't. Adeline. I know he won't. Especially not on your birthday" Sam said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was Valentine's Day. He still hadn't asked me. No morning happy birthday or happy Valentine's Day texts.

I got a text from Miguel .

"Miguel"

Hey we have karate today don't forget: M

We do?: A

Yeah Sensei changed schedule: M

Why didn't he tell me?: A

Must have forgot:M

I walked to school with Sam. She told me happy birthday and so far was the only person who did so.

When I got to school I watched as ally ran over to Miguel kissing him.

He immediately handed her a box of chocolate, a giant bouquet of roses, and a giant teddy bear.

I watched as they hugged and I got jealous.

I went to my class and sat down.

I looked in my bag. There his present was.
I got him a box of chocolate, and I got him a little sloth with our initials on it.

A+E.

E, for Eli.

I also got him sour patch kids watermelon flavored since they were his favorite.

I zipped my bag up.  After class I saw hawk down the hall with his friends. He opened his locker and tons of cards from girls at school poured out. Him and his friends laughed. I looked at him and I turned back around. After school I walked home with Sam.

"Did you see him at school?" Sam said.

"Yeah.. he was there" I said.

"Oh. I'm sorry Adeline. Maybe he forgot it was Valentine's Day... and your birthday." Sam said

"Well he opened his locker and cards spewed out from the cheer team. And plus. There were posters all around the school. And I posted about my birthday on my story and he viewed it" I said.

"Adeline. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry babe" she said hugging me.

"Well I'll see you later" she said walking into her house.

I walked home with my head down. Carrying my bike beside me. When I got home I walked to my mothers room. She had gotten worse.

"Hey mom" I said hugging her.

"Hey darling happy birthday" she said smiling.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go take a nap and then get dressed for karate." I said smiling.

My dad texted me.

Happy birthday! Sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate. And happy Valentine's Day: dad.

Thanks dad: Adeline

I got ready for karate. Today was not a good day. And too make things worse. As soon as I left the house it started raining. I got on my bike and quickly drove to the  dojo. I parked my bike and looked through the window of the dojo.

Everything was pitch black.

Did Miguel prank me?

I sat on the ground crying. No one was at the dojo. This day was terrible.

I texted Miguel.

Why would you lie to me?: Miguel

He read the text and didn't reply. It started thundering. I couldn't walk home in it so I went inside the dojo still crying.

That's when the lights turned on.

"SUPRISE!" Everyone yelled.

All of my friends were there, hawk, Mitch, Bert, Aisha, Sam, Demetri, ally, Miguel, Chris and tons more.

I stood there blank faced.

"Happy birthday princess" hawk said hugging me.

I was still in shock. My hair was soaking wet. My mascara was running down my face, and here I was embarrassing myself in front of everyone. I wiped my tears.

"I'm so sorry. I wanted to keep it a suprise." Hawk said kissing me.

"What.. why is everyone here" I said confused.

"For you Adeline" Ally said.

"Oh my god you guys are amazing." I said smiling.

I thanked everyone.

After everyone left it was just me and hawk.

We sat on the floor. We talked for a while.
He pulled out a little box. Wait was he proposing? Oh my god I'm to young for this.

"It's a promise ring" he said smiling.

I opened it up.
It was beautiful. It had blue stones and a gold outside. It was amazing. On the outside it had the initials of my name. It had a little princess crown on the A. I kissed him.

"It's gorgeous. I'm in love with it" I said smiling..

"Happy Valentine's Day my princess" he said hugging me.

He pulled a necklace out and put it around my neck.

It was beautiful.

I grabbed my bag and gave him my presents.

He totally had me beat.

"I love you Eli" I said hugging him.
"I love you more Addy" he said hugging me back.

After we left he walked me home and then kissed me.
I walked out the front and looked at my ring.
I loved this boy.