18-7

"So what exactly is movie night?" Erin Grace asked Bronwyn.

"Well, you know Horace's peculiarity, right?" Erin Grace nodded and Bronwyn continued. "Well, most evenings we watch those dreams. But be prepared, there'll probably be some dreams about you in it, since you're new and all."

"Shh!" Enoch hissed at them.

"Take it away Horace." Abraham, nope, scratch that, Abe said. And with that sentence everyone went quiet and Horace started projecting his dreams.

The first dream was about Horace trying on clothes. Some kids yawned. Then the dream switched to Millard, Hugh, Victor and Erin Grace playing football. It then shot quickly to Victor and Erin Grace bumping into each other before it switched back to them playing. Then there were two other dreams about Horace trying on fancy clothes. And finally, his last dream was about Erin Grace singing, but there was no sound anymore. Horace took off the lens and stopped projecting.

"Sorry guys, sound cut off." He said. The children were disappointed that they couldn't hear the new girl sing.

"And now it's time for bed, children." Miss Peregrine said. "Erin! I left a pair of pyjamas on your bed. Goodnight."
"Thank you. And goodnight to you too."

After everyone was in their rooms and changed into their pyjamas (Erin Grace and Horace figured she was going to change in the bathroom from now on) and Erin Grace was about to get in bed, Horace started to talk.

"You can sing very well, you know."
"Th- thanks, I guess. But how can you even know, I mean, the sound got cut off." She questioned.
"Yes, it was indeed, but not when I dreamed it." He said. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

#Magical skip to the next morning#

Erin Grace woke up. She had a dark cloud above her head where little lightning bolts shot out of, she didn't quite like waking up early in the morning. She got out and stretched. She saw that Horace already left. She then walked to her closet, which was apparently filled with clothes she liked, and picked out some random clothes, a red shirt, denim jacket and blue jeans. She quickly brushed her hair and put it in a loose ponytail while walking down, still pissed for waking up. She entered the kitchen and saw Enoch already there with Olive standing next to him, heating up tea with her hand.

"Good morning, Erin Grace. Want some tea?" She asked. Erin Grace shook her head. "Alright."

Erin Grace grabbed an apple, mumbled a fast 'see you later', heard Enoch whisper 'weirdo' and walked outside. She sat down under a tree and ate her apple in peace, humming to a song she knew. She was left alone for a good 8 minutes and around 16 seconds, until someone decided to interrupt her.

"Good morning." She looked up to see Abe standing in front of her. "According to the bad weather you produced, I'm guessing you're not that much of a morning person." He sat down.
"Wow, how'd you guess? Don't worry, it'll clear up soon."
"So, I don't want to play football today, but I think you'd like it. Want to play with Millard, Hugh and Victor?"
"Sure."
"Brilliant. You'll be with Hugh." He stood up and offered his hand to the girl. Erin Grace just got up on her own. They then walked to the three boys together. Erin's cloud dissapeared on their way.

"I got y'all a player, no need to thank me, I already know I'm incredible." Abe said.
"Yes, yes, you're our favorite person, don't worry." Hugh said.
"Millard put on some clothes." Victor suddenly said, looking at an invisible person holding a soccer ball.
"Why?"
"Because, first of all, this isn't fair. Second, this is disgusting."
"So?"
"Mill, put on some clothes, please. For the new girl. Have a little respect." Abe meddled into the conversation.
Millard groaned, dropped the ball and left to put on some clothes.

"So, Erin, let me explain how this works. So-" Victor started.
"Don't worry. I know how to play." Erin cut Victor off.
"You play?" Hugh asked.
"Of course."
"I'm here, I'm here! We can start!" Floating clothing came running towards them.
"Good. I'll be the referee." Abe said. He got a whistle out of his pocket.

Abe blew on his whistle and the four kids started playing. It didn't take much time before Millard started complaining that the teams weren't fair. Erin had scored 2 times already.
"What is your peculiarity, cheating?"
"Millard, don't be such a sore loser." Hugh laughed.
"Come on Mill, we're better." Victor said.

After a while, Millard and Hugh we're yelling at each other and Abe tried to shut them up. Victor and Erin continued playing. Erin didn't see Victor, and they bumped into each other, making them fall on the ground. They looked at each other and burst out laughing. Hugh, Millard and Abe turned to the two kids laughing.
"What the hell happened?" Hugh asked.
"Nothing." Erin said between two laughs.
Abe offered his hand and Victor took it. He then offered it to Erin, but she, again, didn't take it.
"Come on, let's finish it off. It's 15-6 for Hugh and Erin." Abe said.

They finished the game after Victor had scored another time and Erin three more times.
Millard had run inside.
"Yeah, he's quite the sore loser. Next time, he'll want to be on your team, Erin." Victor said.
Abe, Hugh, Victor and Erin went inside for lunch.

"So, Millard lost." Fiona stated as the four walked in. "What were the teams? Who won?"
"It was Victor and Millard against Hugh and Erin. Hugh and Erin won with 18-7." Abe said. Fiona nodded and smiled at Hugh and Erin.
"Please, sit down children." Miss Peregrine said. The children sat down on their usual chairs and started eating.
Erin sometimes cought Enoch's disapproving looks. She would then glare back at him with a sarcastic smile.

After lunch. Everyone left to go outside again. But Erin went to the library. She grabbed a book about electrokinesis and lightning control. She was just getting into it when she heard someone walking towards her. She looked up to see-

-

-

-

A/N:

Cliffhanger! Y'all probably guess who it is. Well, that's all for my A/N. Greetings!

Love,
Marrit

Wordcount: 1035