Prologue

{I wrote this ages ago-
So far I have written 3 chapters
If people like this I'll publish the rest}

Was that glass breaking?

No, it was a soul.

It was Dream's soul.

Nightmare, his brother, lost control of himself and stabbed right through Dream, shattering his soul instantly.

He realised what he just did and all the dark corruption that covered him melted away as he ran towards Dream, trying to catch him before he hit the ground.

"Nonononononono! What have I done!?" Nightmare screamed and cried. "I'm sorry Dream, I'm so sorry, Dream please no!"

More screaming and crying.

"I guess this is a final goodbye, heh. I'm just happy I got to see you again..." Dream said as he started to turn to dust.

"No! Please no! I'm sorry Dream! I didn't mean to-"

"Shh, it's alright. I should be apologising, you didn't do anything wrong, " Dream said.

"No it's not Dream, I made all the mistakes, not you..." Nightmare cried, his screams were turning to sobs.

"Don't cry Nighty," Dream said, "I thought I was the cry baby out of us two."

He asked a nightmare something. The question made Nightmare cry more, he hugged Dream, not wanting him to go.

"Have this," Dream said handing him his cape and circlet, "Keep them, can you do that for me?"

"Please, Dream..."

"I'm sorry..."

...

Dream was gone.

All that was left of him was his cape and circlet (not counting his dust).

Nightmare hugged both of these items and cried, not caring if anyone saw him.

He would do anything to go back to the start, to the very beginning, back to Dreamtale when he would tell Dream stories he read and where Dream would tell him how good his day has been.

If only he could go back...

If only...