Chapter 40 : Fear

I'm writing this from my dad's laptop from private browser tab, because my laptop was being a bitch and keypad wouldn't work. The work place where it was given are taking their own time in the world, like, what the hell-

Also, I decided to write the past in normal font itself, because the whole italic thing altogether was being annoying and my eyes are paining lol,, the starting and end point will be mentioned!

And, a long chapter ahead~

-----------

[Past]

"I really like you," he repeated his sentence, his voice coming out softer than ever, "Please be mine..."

Yoongi blinked at the sudden confession he got from his best friend, which not even the last thing he expected. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights, confused on how to react to that sentence.

"Hyung?" Jimin called out softly, his heart beating at the silence he was getting from the latter.

"Uh, yeah?" Yoongi asked, coming out of his trance.

"So, will you... no, can I take you out on a date?" He asked, smiling slightly, to hide his nervousness.

"I—Jimin, I'm not... I mean, I do like boys, but you're, you're my best friend," Yoongi stammered, only to see Jimin's face lose it's vibe, as his shoulders thumped down, in disappointment.

"Heck, I'll—I'll think about it and tell you, yeah?" Yoongi asked, giving a reassuring smile, not wanting to see the other disappointed.

Jimin nodded immediately, taking a deep breath—it was something, at least better than immediate rejection. He smiled at the elder, not wanting him to worry about the unnecessary thoughts. An awkward silence surrounded them, which made Jimin almost regret confessing.

In that silence, both of them stood there—Jimin a bit happy that the proper answer wasn't told yet. Yoongi was honestly flustered, not the romantic type, but not-knowing-how-to-react type.

Jimin hoped everything would be good between them, and so did Yoongi. Destroying their friendship, wasn't even the last thing they'd want. 

.

.

.

"Is he hanging out with that Min kid again?" Minyoung asked, the first thing they came home, from work.

Park Minyoung, as obvious as it was, ran a whole mafia under his name, alongside the help of his wife, Park Jihyo. They owned yet another mansion from the one they were living right now, just for the mafia base, and also for keeping Jimin from the whole fucked up world.

It might be bit of a hypocrisy that they didn't want Jimin to involve here, considering that they were one of the most dangerous ones themselves. Which was exactly why they were doing everything in their power and money to have their precious son away from their occupation—according to Jimin, they were businessmen.

They both cared for the boy too much, too much that they didn't even realize that they were spoiling him with sweet lies.

Since birth, Jimin hadn't not gotten something he had wished for. And since birth, it was true that Jimin was living a lie. All those things, Minyoung and Jihyo perfectly planned—were going to trashcan now, since Jimin and Yoongi became real close. It had been one of their mistakes that they didn't see regarding this sooner, as they busy with their 'business meetings' according to Jimin.

Now that it had almost been a decade, Jimin and Yoongi were inseparable. But when the fact that Yoongi didn't know anything about his uncle's occupation, kind of cooled down Jimin's parents.