yellow hearts - kylian mbappe

yellow hearts - ant saunders

You smiled, as you showed Kylian the notebook. You were packing up all your things, as Kylian had transferred to a team in Spain, and you were moving with him.

3.5 years ago
You sat in your last class of the day, and your least favourite, Physics. You were meant to be taking notes on Newton's law, however you were far more interested in the doodles on your page. You and your boyfriend, Kylian, had been together for 7 months now. He didn't go to your school anymore, due to footballing commitments, thus you didn't get to be in any classes with him anymore and he wasn't around to entertain you in the boring ones. You couldn't concentrate, no matter how hard you tried, as you were way too excited over going to watch Kylian's match tonight. It was his first season playing for Paris St German and you couldn't have been prouder of him.
You then found yourself writing kylian's nickname, Kyl, in big yellow hearts with your highlighter on the corner of your notebook. You were suddenly snapped out of your doodling session as the bell rang, signalling the end of a very long day.

You arrived home, left your notebook in your car and got ready straight away. You showered, changed into a PSG top with denim shorts and an oversized jacket. You then did your hair, in your signature style and did some natural makeup and then headed to Kylian's house. You had an hour or so before you both had to head to the stadium, and you decided since you would be there so early you would study there whilst the boys were getting ready.

Once arriving at the stadium, Kylian gave you a quick kiss goodbye, and you wished him the best of luck before he headed into the meeting room with the rest of the team. You still couldn't believe he was playing alongside names such as Di Maria and Thiago Silva. You went upstairs to the box, and it was relatively quiet, as most families and WAGs hadn't arrived yet. You found a table and chair in the corner of the quieter part and pulled out your notebook. You needed to catch up with the notes from earlier, and luckily your best friend came in clutch and sent them to you. You began copying them down, analysing as you went but also admiring the yellow hearts at the bottom of the page.

A few moments later, you felt hands on your shoulders. You jumped, and unexpectedly Kylian stood there. "Why aren't you down there with the team?" You asked curiously. He answered explaining that "They let us come and see our families quickly before the game". He scanned over your notes, noticing the yellow hearts at the bottom of the page. He smirked at you, as you started blushing' "Am I on your mind that much in class?" He questioned, in a joking way. This only made you blush harder, as he giggled at the embarrassment clearly prevalent on your face. "It's sweet, I love it and I love you" he reassured you, and brought a smile to your face. You replied back "I love you too mon amour, now go smash it out there" as you noticed all the other players saying goodbye to their families. Kylian gave you a kiss on the lips, cheek and forehead and a quick hug before heading back down.

back to reality

You couldn't help but wonder how you got so lucky. You really did love him, and couldn't wait to share more precious memories with him in Spain.