Chapter 7 - recovery or death?

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
The box from the maze runner ;)
—————————————————
Gally came running into the forest punching the builders off me giving me instant relief. I didn't scream that loudly As I couldn't feel the pain from the stab so only gally was there. I leaned against a tree whimpering feeling only the bark scraping my back. numb. Numb everywhere else. I screamed again at the top of my lungs as I realised the blood coming from my stomach area was my blood. I felt the colour drained from my face. I left a soft groan from my lips as the bade was still in my skin I could tell it was bad as I was sitting in a pool of blood, I didn't take the knife out as I know i would just bleed out completely if I did, and then I heard shouting, and saw a flood of the gladers running towards me, I then passed out.
I let the darkness consume me. I couldn't take it anymore.

1 week later

It had been about a week that I was in a coma. I could hear everything, like I was awake. When I try to stand it's like my body doesn't let me. I'm trapped. I'm trapped in my own body and mind while lying on a bed.

Newt visited everyday, sometimes all day, and the boys started to get very worried about him. We hadn't told anyone we were in a relationship yet so I don't know if the boys think we're together or just think we are really close friends.

Newt would talk to me about his day, how much he needs me.
That was the hardest part, that I could hear everything he was saying. It killed me I couldn't get up and kiss Newt and tell him I was alright.

Today I was coming out of the coma, when I heard Minho and Alby come in.

They were talking to Newt saying "we think she's going to be okay, so you need to get up and take care of yourself, eat, and please shower you stink you slinthead." Said Minho.

"Yeah, you really should shower! It's starting to shucking smell in here. Or is that me?" I mumbled leaving a small chuckle under my breath.

"HAZEL GRACE!" Newt exclaimed as he ferociously pressed his lips against mine.
Shucking adorable I thought.

"Why are you screaming, remember I'm not a morning person!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up and kiss me back" newt replied angrily.

I kissed him so hard back on the lips pulling his neck closer. We pulled back out of breath so our foreheads were touching. "Don't you ever do that again...oh and please don't pick up Minho's sass he's already way to much to handle." Newt said.

"Why would I want to get stabbed, stupid question" I replied sarcastically while forming a smile in the corner of my lips.
He rolled his eyes.

"Well we are just glad to have you back Hazel we thought you were finally dead, and BTW no one can get to my level of sass you slinthheads" Minho said with a slight cough to get our attention that they were still standing there, with his hands on his hips.

"Thanks guys, now I need you boys to make sure Newt, eats, sleeps, and showers while I'm here, as I could hear everything while I was in a coma so please make sure Newt is healthy before he comes back here...okay!" I said sternly making sure they understand I'm serious.

They nodded and Newt furrowed his eyebrows. Looking me straight in the eye.

"Please, I need to know that your okay for me to be okay". I replied in a sincere tone of voice while looking him straight in his chocolate truffle coloured eyes.

He nodded as he knew I was serious the boys stumbled out, "oh and boys can you get gally for me please" I asked.

"On it" Alby answered, already out the door.

A few minutes later Gally stomped in with his muddy boots leaning to sit on the chair beside me.

"Thank you, I don't want to think of what could of happened if you weren't there, thank you, is all I can say. I owe you so much." I pleaded.

"I see you as my little sister now and NOBODY touches my little sister without her permission, actually no, nobody can" he replied looking me straight in the eye.

I gently opened my arms to show I wanted a hug, he raised an eyebrow at me but got up and hugged me, I felt comfortable.

" I love you big brother"

"I love you little sis"

He marched out the door with his big boots, to let me rest. Which was weird as I was super tired when I just came out of a coma of pure sleeping.

I tried to fall asleep but due to my insomnia I can only sleep in a coma or with Newt.

So I just layed there overthinking what happened and that gally had to save me like I was damsel and distress, when I was the girl who could throw knives and hit the middle of the target, and the fact I needed saving from a bunch of hormonal teenage boys. I felt rather embarrassed that I couldn't of done something myself.

Jeff came in saying he needed to change my bandages, so l let him. He then gave me some soup, a huge portion full...supposedly Newt insisted I eat a full meal. To be honest it was revolting but he told me all the meds they got from the box were crush up, so he puts them in the soup, making me eat and get my meds in one.

After I finished my soup in came Newt who tripped on the door frame, making me burst out laughing.

He kissed me on the head and jumped on the other side of the bed so he could cuddle up next to me, careful placing his arm around me, which made me flinch at first.
"goodnight My beautiful girlfriend"
"Goodnight Blondie"
"God I love it when you call me that"
——————————————
It was morning.

Minho, Gally and Jeff were in the room.

"Yay your finally awake" Minho exclaimed.
"No shit Sherlock my eyes are open aren't they" I sarcastically replied.

Newt got out of bed gently trying not to hurt me.

Jeff was explaining to me that he wants me to try to walk. I'll admit I was worried but I decided to give it a go. Gally leant his arms out just in case I fall. I slowly started to move to the edge of the bed, I swung my legs off and took a deep breath as I looked at my scars and bruises. I slowly pushed myself off from the bed with a tingling aching pain. I was standing up, time to take a step. I placed 1 foot out and then the other talking 2 steps. It felt easy. I decided to push it more taking more and more steps around the room.

Jeff asked "Are you sure your stable do you not want to maybe slow dow—"

I tripped but gally caught. "Careful little sis" everyone starred at Gally at the fact he called me his little sis and the fact he was being nice but he didn't seem to care he was just focused on me.

We kept walking faster and faster till we were outside that Gally no longer had his hands out to catch me.

All of a sudden, without warning alarms started going off, the ground started shaking like an earthquake which made me fall to the ground as I wasn't fully stable yet making Newt run to me and pull me back onto my feet, the box was coming up with a new greenie and the essentials.

"Who's the next greenie" I exclaimed while clapping my hands together.

"I Bet his name is British like Nathaniel or william" Minho exclaimed.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and he gave a smart ass nod like he was right. "Pfft I bet his name is like Gary or Barry" I said while subtly laughing under my breath.

Let's see who's closest ;)
————————————————————
Who's the next greenie to come into the glade?
What happened to the builders that hurt Hazel Grace?
What is everyone going to think after Gally called Hazel Grace his little sis?
Newt kissed Grace in front of Alby and Minho...what will they think?

Find out in the next chapter of hidden in plain sight.

Any ideas I can put in my story write here in the comments THANKS.