Chapter 8 - Mum.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
Very sentimental chapter.
————————————————————-
All the gladers started running towards the box waiting to see who is the next greenie, Alby and newt open up the box roof to reveal a young boy and to let out a waft of smells.

"It seems this new greenie klunked his pants...maybe even more then once." Gally shouted in disgust.

They took him out the box he seemed totally petrified by all the boys crowding around him, he also seemed super young like 12 or maybe even younger, that's when he made eye contact with me he came running right towards me, nearly nocking me over in a big hug.

"Hey there little buddy, it's okay we aren't going to hurt you." I said.

I looked over to Alby who gave me a hard nod.

"Hey, do you want to go see my treehouse" I said.

"Yes please!" He answered with a huge smile.

"Come on then, do you remember your name?" I asked.

"Chuck, my names Chuck" he replied.

"Well then Chuck this way to the treehouse where we can get you cleaned up" I said while walking towards the treehouse with my arm around him.

All the gladers starred at me as I took him to my treehouse in complete awe and some shocked with there mouths making an o shape.

I then showed Chuck my treehouse but we didn't go in as I lead him to the showers giving him so spare male clothes I had.

Chuck came out the shower "the clothes are a little big" .

"Sorry it's all I had, why don't we go to the top floor of my treehouse".

"Yes" he exclaimed with the biggest smile I think I might have ever seen.

10 minutes later

Me and Chuck were sitting on the top level of the treehouse which had no walls so our legs were dangling off the edge. While listening to the radio music, I had my arm around him to comfort him as we sat in pure silence looking at the glade, as he didn't ask me anything.

I heard a knock behind me to find Alby there,
I got up and said "Hey Chuck this is Alby our leader, I'm going to leave you with him, is that okay".

"Okay but promise I can hang out with you later" Chuck asked.

"I promise" I said with the biggest smile I could make while walking out of the treehouse and towards everyone else who were sitting eating lunch.

I went to sit down next to Minho and Newt opposite me.

"Hey, how come the greenie went to you and not us?" Asked winston at the end of the table.

"Because you guys scared him by crowding around and starring at him" I exclaimed in a harsh tone of voice obviously showing my frustration.

They all looked down at there meal while rubbing the back of the necks or running there fingers through their hair.

"Tonight we are going to throw a bonfire, for the little greenbean" Newt said trying to change the subject.

I decided to go along "Sounds like fun!" I exclaimed.

Around 4 hours later as the bonfire was just starting.

I was in the treehouse and I hadn't seen Chuck since I left him with Alby. I sort of missed him and his big bright smile.
The bonfire had already started to I decided to dress up a little nice, but I don't own any evening outfits except jeans and a T-shirt, so I'm really just wearing clean clothes as it's the best I can do.

"Where is that shank of a girl" shouted Minho.

"Right here" I said wrapping my arms around him from behind giving him a hug.

I went and sat around the fire. Chuck runs up to me and sits next to me.

"Grace can you sing for me please" Chuck asks looking me in the eye.

"Umm well I haven't sung in over 2 years so I'm little rusty, but what do you want me to sing?"

"That song on the radio we were listening to this morning in the treehouse before Alby came, it was like thousands to years." Chucks asks while taking my hand.

"Oh a thousand years, okay I can try."

(Play the song attached at the top till the end then start reading again)

Everyone just looked at me in awe with mouths shaped like an o.

But I just looked at Chuck who was resting his head on my lap as I was stroking his hair.

"I think it's time for bed" I said.

"Nooooo mum not now" Chuck answered half asleep.

My eyes completely widened. Everything went silent. I looked at everyone else who were just as shocked.

"Did you guys let him drink?" I said in a sternly whisper.

Everyone nodded side to side saying no.

"Come on Chuck let's go to bed" I said while nudging him to get up I took his hand in mine and lead him to the hammocks for him to sleep, and tucked him in.

I walked back to the bonfire where everyone was and I went straight to Newt. He opened his arms like he read my mind knowing I needed a hug, i pulled myself into his chest as i placed my face in the crook of his neck.

"Newt will stay the night with me in the treehouse" I whispered into his neck for only him to hear. He took my hand and walked with me to the treehouse without saying a word to anyone at the bonfire.

We got into bed and I laid my head against his chest cuddling up to him as he gently kissed the top of my head.

"Newt...life is short and I want to spend as much time as I can with you and if life is short that means there's not much time to do all the things I want to do, so I'm asking for you to move in with me here in the treehouse, and I know it's quick but I know that I want you and only you, and I see no point waiting when I know what I want so...will you move in with me?"

"I've never wanted anything more...I love you Hazel Grace, I really do, I honestly can't imagine my life without you anymore" newt replied.

"I love you more Newt" I mumble as he kissed the side of my jaw up to my cheek and hesitating on my lips leaving me wanting more.

"Wait wait wait can we build some stairs as I hate climbing up by a rope" newt said.

I burst out laughing "we can build as many stairs as you want though I don't know how we are going to convince the builders to help us?"

"Err let's worry about that in the morning" newt answered leaning in to kiss me on the lips obviously wanting to shut me up, yet want to listen to what I want to say. As our lips touch, my hands find their way to his hair, that when he gently bites my lips a soft moan leaves them, making me tug on his hair leaving Newt smirk against my lips. He pulls away and cuddles me from behind making me the little spoon.

I slowly fell asleep in Newts arms around my waist with our legs tangled together thinking of what Chuck said...he called me mum.
Is it weird that he kind of felt like a son to me, how he ran up to me when came out the box, how he sat with me in the treehouse, how at the bonfire he laid on me, how he took my hand, the fact that he even called me mum...I knew he wasn't my son by the fact I'm so young and we looked so different, but it felt so natural like I had met him before. It felt like he was a son to me.

What do I do?
What do I say?
——————————————————-
Newt and Hazel Grace in love and moving in, is this too fast?
Will something go wrong between Newt and Hazel Grace?
Chuck called Hazel Grace mum, what will happen next?
Will Hazel Grace take in Chuck as a mum or freak out?  What will Newt think?

Find out in the next chapter of hidden in plain sight.

Thanks for reading.

What should Newt and Hazel Grace's ship name be??