Pico x Tall!Sweet!Reader - Sick day

Suggestion by @Bugdisco

Keywords you should know: Y/N (Reader's name); E/C (Eye color); Funkin (city name just because).

Honestly, I just wanted to make one of these sick day one-shots, lol.

I hope you enjoy it! ^^

---------------------------------

Today was like any other cold, snowy day. Clouds were blocking out the morning sunlight as Snowflakes gently sprinkled the streets. Leaving behind a blanket of clear white snow littered with footprints and car tire tracks of daily commuters on their way to wherever. Many stopped by local coffee shops to warm themselves up with some good hot food and drinks.

You were out for similar reasons, your boots crunching on the freshly fallen snow beneath you. Snowflakes harassed your E/C eyes as the deafening chatter of the crowd made it hard to even hear or see anything around you. Fortunately, while squeezing through the morning rush, you eventually make it to the local my Ds in your area. Why, you may ask?

For some hot apple pie, of course, something you haven't had in a while. Though it was more to get something for your friend than anything. A friend who happened to catch a cold again for reasons unknown. Typical for Pico, who didn't give any details of what caused this, not wanting to burden his friends. His need to hide it from you of all people being more out of shyness than stubbornness. That doesn't mean he can't be stubborn at times, however, but that's another story for a different time.

Anyways, the reason you're here was from an unexpected phone call.

Pico called you up during your morning errands running around the city. A surprise, yes, but a pleasant surprise, to say the least. His hesitation in asking for help slowly but surely got better as time went on. The phone call between the two of you with the sniffling and occasional sneezing fit made it quite apparent he was unfortunately ill again.

Aside from this, the conversation itself was friendly and short. Pico asked whether or not you could possibly pick him up some sprite at McDonald's. You, of course, agree and finish off the phone call saying you'll be over in an hour at least. It's not like it's a big task by any means, nor were you going to refuse someone a simple soft drink. Besides, you can finish up these errands tomorrow anyways.

Wiggling out of the compressed block of city folks, you make your way over to the fast-food restaurant with haste. Getting through the door was a bit of a struggle. Hitting your forehead on the top of the door frame. Rubbing your head in hopes of numbing the sting, you eventually got inside and into the line. Now all you have to do is wait here and-

Ding

Standing in the longish line in mc Ds, you glance at your phone after hearing the sound of a notification. "It's probably Pico," you thought with a bit of confidence, Unlocking your phone swiftly. This comes from the fact that not many people texted you around this time.

You were right almost instantly after looking at the notification with another two texts right after, all them reading:

"u don't have to come over if u don't want to, lol." 10:12

"Besides, I don't wanna get u sick too.." 10:12

"*don't" 10:13

With a sharp exhale out of your nose, finding some amusement from his antics. Something he's done quite a lot every time he asks you for something. Even though you've always shown up anyways, with whatever he needed in hand.

It's not like he's asking for much.

With a glance up at the line before you, see a small gap growing in front. You take a few steps forward to not annoy the customers behind you. Now with the gap filled and another step closer to the counter, you turn your attention back onto your phone; Sending a few texts back with a slight smirk on your lips.