chapter 1

Magnum sits in his daughter Emma's nursery holding her in his arms, he was about to leave to meet up with some clients to discuss a case he was working. "Thomas what are you still doing here aren't you meeting up with some client's" asked Higgins. "yes but I just wanted to say bye to our beautiful daughter" replied magnum. "well she will be here when you get back" replied Higgins. "I Know I just hate being away from my girls even for a second replied Magnum as he kissed her. "I love you" said Higgins. "I love you to, both of you" replied Magnum as he handed Emma off to his wife. "alright I'll be back in a few hours love you" said magnum as he kissed Higgins one more time. "we love you too" replied Higgins and she watched Magnum grab his jacket and walk out to his Red Ferrari, she waved to him as he drove off. sadly Thomas Magnum would never make it home a few hours later the red Ferrari was found abandoned on the side of the rode with no sign of magnum, the Police would investigate with detective Gordon katsumoto as lead detective but nothing would turn up, they would look into the clients that Magnum was suppose to meet up with but nothing would come of it. Higgins would even launch her own PI investigation but would turn up nothing, years would pass and magnums iconic red Ferrari would sit in the garage collecting dust,waiting for magnum and as for Magnums disappearance it was never solved and after a few years, he was officially declared dead and that was the end of it for seventeen years.

until now 17 years later

Emma was walking into HPD to bring her "favorite" uncle captain Gordon katsumoto or as she calls him Gordy dinner. "Hi uncle Gordy brought you dinner said Emma as she walked into her uncles office. "Emma why are you really here because I know you didnt just come here to bring me dinner" questioned katsumoto. "what I cant just bring my favorite uncle dinner" replied Emma as she played with her long brown hair. "no because one I'm not stupid and two its 3 in the afternoon, so why are you really here" said katsumoto with a very get to the point I haven't got all day look. "Should've  listened to JC and Brandon they said this wouldn't working."said Emma. "Now that we have established your plan didn't work,what do you want" asked Katsumoto with a get to the point before i though you in a holding cell for wasting my time type of look. "can I please have a copy of my dads case file" begged Emma. "No" replied Katsumoto. "Why? Please i will never bother you again"begged Emma. "One your mother would kill me and two we both know your lying when you say you will never ask for anything again"noted katsumoto. "Your right about the second thing but my mom doesn't have know,this can stay between us" persuaded Emma."ok fine because we both know your not going to leave until i give you the file but this stays between us because if your mother finds out i gave you your dads file,she will kill me and you and then me again"assured katsumoto.

     Emma laugh I mean Katsumoto wasn't wrong which is why only two other people knew about this her two best friends Jenna Calvin aka JC and Brandon wright. she watched katsumoto type something on his computer and print out the file. "here now go I have work to do" said katsumoto. "thanks uncle Gordy" said Emma as she got up and headed for the door. "Emma?" called out katsumoto. "yeah." replied Emma. "you know you look just like your dad, you even have his personality which is what worries me please be careful" requested katsumoto. "I will" said Emma as she left.

         she walked out of HPD, her dads case file in hand. she pulled out her keys and got into the drivers seat of the Ferrari. she quickly sent a text to JC and Brandon to meet her at robins nest.

                                                          at robins nest

          Emma pulled into the driveway of the main house where she saw JC and Brandon waiting for her. she got out of the Ferrari and walked over to them. "ok lets go down to wine cellar, my mom never goes down there" suggested Emma. JC and Brandon follow Emma down to the wine cellar wondering if Emma's plan actually worked. they all sat down at what used to be the old poker table where her dad, mom and their friends would play. "guys I got my dads case file" exclaimed Emma. "wait so your plan worked" asked JC in disbelief. "no it failed" said Emma. "we told you but wait  how did you get it then" asked Brandon. "I begged Katsumoto for it and he knew it would be the only way to get me to leave" replied Emma. Emma opened the file and the first thing she saw was a photo of her dad and just a bunch of information on him. they split all the different reports and witness statements between the three of them and believe me there wasn't much.

      most of the papers didn't have much helpful information. "Emma does a name Jin or a DR. Ethan Shaw sound familiar" asked JC. "maybe why?" asked Emma. "because I have there statements they gave to the police and they both stated they saw your dad the day he died" replied JC as he handed a few papers to Emma. "ok wait Dr. Shaw said my dad came in to see him because he had a small gash on his forehead that required some stitches and that he treated him and that he left, hold on I will be right back" said Emma. Emma ran out of the wine cellar and into her room to grab her laptop. "ok I'm back just had to get my laptop." said Emma. "why?" asked Brandon. "I'm going to hack into the hospital's medical records to see if the hospital has any record of my dad coming in that day.....and they do not, so either he lied or he knows more then what he told the police.

     Emma picked up Jins statement trying to remember why his name sounded familiar and then it hit her, Jin was a friend of her dad, he was a low level criminal who at one pointed owned a business that literally launder money. "wait guys we know Jin, he used to work at your dads bar Brandon" said Emma. "wait I remember him, Maybe my dad knows where he is now, I can ask him." volunteered Brandon. "No I'll talk to Rick for now no one can no your helping me, I will see you guys later I have two people I need to talk to" said Emma as she, JC and Brandon  got up and walked to their cars. "she was about to leave when her mom stopped her. "Emma where are you going" asked Higgins. "Um I'm going to la Mariana to see uncle rick" replied Emma. "ok yeah I know that's a lie, just be careful" replied Higgins. "don't worry I always am" replied Emma as she drove off. "That's what Im worried about" muttered Higgins.

ok if you haven't already figured out, yes I am rewriting my magnum pi story there will be no crossover in this. next chapter will be out in the next few days.