pretend partner • hwang hyunjin

warnings: explicit language
word count: 2981
genre: fluff
(a/n: i noticed how some of yalls are requesting a part 3 for the jeongin ff, but really, no matter how many parts requested there will be no happy ending because that's just how it was meant to be written 😭 i may write it but who knows? anyways, here is some fluff because we all went thru too much sadness, thank you for 133k reads!)
finished: 2 march 2021
last edited: 19 march 2021

~

Weddings. Do you particularly love attending them? No. Do you hate it then? Not exactly either. Indeed, you do feel happy for your friends whenever you sit in a corner alone and clapping away for them when they kiss their partner after saying their vows. You do feel like a proud mum watching your high school classmates finally settling down with the person they love and some even being their high school sweethearts.

Everyone was pretty much married, having their own kids, actually having a stable financial income for the family and more or less happy with their life now.

All except you, single, has a fat old cat at home, earns minimum wage income and well, happy with the fat cat at home and having parents to feed you at the very least. You groaned in annoyance as you found another beautifully decorated sqaure envelope in the letterbox.

Sighing, you checked who were the two lovebirds getting married.

"Ah, it's about time for his wedding," You chuckled then felt your phone vibrating in your bag and you fished it out to see what's happening.

highschool besties 👯‍♀️

jihyo: OGNFJFUEHFJFHFJF LOOK WHO'S GETTING MARRIED, CONGRATS
minho: why thank you ;)
y/n: I GOT THE INVITATION HAH CONGRATS
jisung: someone's getting married again? i don't have anymore money to give so do i get a free pass? :3
sana: congrats minho!
mingi: do i get a free pass too?
minho: no i need the money
minho: hey, but y/n, i haven't heard of no boyfriend since high school, don't tell me you're still single
jihyo: we're all growing older so better get that d before you die with no kids
jisung: agreed bestie
sana: agreed bestie x2
mingi: agreed bestie x3
minho: agreed bestie x4

Guess peer pressure was still a thing although eveyone graduated from school years ago. Your brows furrowed, not knowing how to answer. Should you lie to them and say that you were seeing someone already? Then they would ask you to bring him along to the wedding. Actually, if you ask someone, that could actually work.

y/n: well... if yalls wanna see him during minho's wedding, then sure
sana: PAUSE
mingi: BESTIE ACTUALLY HAS A BOYFRIEND !?.!.?.!
jihyo: AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?
jisung: IS HE HOT AND RICH?
minho: Y/N DID IT ?.!.?. HE IS INVITED TO THE WEDDING BITCH
y/n: :o

Fuck. You hit your forehead against the letterbox repeatedly. "Curse these stupid hands, who the fuck am I going to find to be my pretend partner? What are you, Y/N? Twelve?"

You went through the list of decent guys you knew to help you out and pretend to be your partner. God, the mess you always put yourself in.

~

"What do you think if I ask Chan to be my pretend partner?"

"He's nice and all but I think you'd rather save yourself from all that explaining, and he cares for all his colleagues so knowing him he would lecture you on not doing things under peer pressure," Hyunjin said, sipping on his hot cup of matcha latte.