Chapter Two: 'The Incident'

When Kokichi walked into the cafeteria all the laughter went dead silent. After the 'incident', only Miu ever talked to him.

Miu tried lighten up the mood with one of her new inventions that Kokichi childishly drew, but everyone was still silent as a mouse.

"Miu," Kaito sighed. "It isn't going to help. We can never forgive that monster for what he did."

Kokichi just smiled like Kaito never said anything, but deep down, he was hurting. As he sat down everyone looked away from him. All except Miu and Kaede.

"C'mon everyone," Kaede spoke. "Sure, Kokichi did something almost unforgivable, but that doesn't mean we should ignore him!"

(Kokichi POV)
Classic Kaede. Does the things she thinks that's best so she can never be hated.

(Back to narrator)

"Y-yeah!" Shuichi agreed. "We shouldn't ignore him!"

Kokichi wanted to interrupt him, but he knew no one would listen to him anyway.

"Seriously Poo-ichi?"

"Huh?"

"You ignored him the most!" Miu shouted. "Don't go acting like you haven't ignored him too! Everytime he goes and tries to talk to you, you just walk away like nothing ever happened! Do you know how much it hurts for someone to just straight up ignore you! Guess what I think. I think Kokichi did nothing but simply joke around and Kirumi just overreacted! Gonta protected him! He had a choice to kill Kirumi! Kokichi never manipulated Gonta! Even Gonta admitted that he wanted to kill Kirumi for his sake!"

"But Kokichi-!" Shuichi interrupted.

"Can it Shuichi!" Miu shouted.

Silence.

Kokichi stood up and walked out of the cafeteria and left everyone behind. Miu tried to stop him, but he wanted to be alone.

Kokichi collapsed on the floor of his room and broke down. He shrieked in pain and tears began to drip from his eyes. He kept repeating the words 'I'm sorry'.

Someone knocked on his door.

"Do not enter!" Kokichi exclaimed. "It's written in the doorway!"

Whoever was at the door tried to open it, but since Kokichi locked it they couldn't get in.

A voice spoke.

"Hey Kokichi..."

It was Kaede.

"Just so you know, I'm here if you need anything, ok?"

He didn't respond. He just sat there with tears running down his face with a blunt expression.

"Why can't everyone just go away..."

. . .

(And that's the end of chapter two :D)