Chapter 8: Investigation (Kaede's Account)

Shuichi's POV

(A/N This does not make sense at all, I had no idea where to take the story but I'm hoping this somehow makes sense, honestly fuck Shuichi in this, I love him but I made him a total dick and everyone else too- Anyways, continue on with the story, sorry it took forever to make this- Also TW, mentions of self-harm and all of that stuff so yeah.)

I walked over to Kaede and Rantaro, seeing if I could catch any glimpses of the thing in the bushes. No luck.

"Hey, Shuichi!" Kaede greeted happily.

"Hey Kaede, Rantaro." I replied.

Rantaro waved with the hand he used to hold up Kaede's hand so he could paint her nails. Rantaro then put the lid on the small glass container that stores the nail polish. 

"How's it going Shuichi?" Rantaro asked in his usual calm voice.

"Um, I'm just upset from what happened," I answered.

"Hmm, didn't you like Kokichi?" Kaede barged in the conversation. "How come you acted like an asshole to him Shuichi? What happened to when you two would hangout together?"

I hesitated to answer her questions.

"Wait, didn't you like Kaede, Shuichi?" Rantaro asked with a confused expression. 

"Well, uh-"

"HUH?! You said you liked Kokichi!! I know for a fact you said you liked him! Even if he did like me, I'm a lesbian! There's no way I could ever return the feelings!" Kaede yelled out.

"The thing is, I convinced myself to like Kaede.." I responded. "At some point I thought I did, but in that time I thought of her as Kokichi.. So maybe, I never actually did convince myself to like her, I just imagined her as him. I like him, a lot, but I buried those feelings down because I thought he would hate me for that and decide to not be friends with me anymore. But in that note, he said he loved me, and all those feelings came back fully.. I really do love him, I just didn't want to feel the pain of rejection."

"Well, damn," Rantaro sighed. "Double homicide."

We all stared in awkward silence for a little. I wish I hadn't tried so hard to convince myself to shut down my feelings for Kokichi and end up seeming like I hated him. It's all my fault. Everything, all of this, is my fault. I'm so stupid.

"Hey guys," Rantaro interrupted the silence between all of us. "Fun fact, I actually used to have a crush on Kokichi- Heh-"

Me and Kaede looked at Rantaro in shock. He started sweating, he looked at me in a nervous way and then looked at Kaede, then back and fourth.

"At some point I confessed to him-" Rantaro once again said. "He rejected me though. I would be lying if I said I was fine. I never hated him, even after the incident, even if it seemed like it, I never hated him. After he rejected me he told me something. He told me he liked you Shuichi. "

I looked down at the ground. Even though I already had found out he had a crush on me it was weird to hear it out loud. I never would have guessed Rantaro would have a crush on Kokichi though, he acted the same with Kokichi and the others, I guess he's good at hiding his feelings.

"Look Shuichi, I'm saying in the rudest way possible because you acted like a jerk, a dickhead, an asshole, you know, but you don't deserve Kokichi in any way possible. He's too good for you, if you really did love him, you would have acted kindly to him. I didn't say or do anything to him because I wanted to give him space, but I do regret doing nothing at all. But you, you were a total asshole, and I hate you for that."

Ouch. He's right though, if I really did love him I would have done something to make him feel better, not make it worse. 

"You're right Rantaro," I said back. "I don't deserve Kokichi, not one bit. I'm a total dumbass and a dickhead."

"Hold on now!" Kaede interrupted. "Rantaro, you're right, but you should have just said that in a less rude way! And Shuichi, even if you were and are an asshole, you can still make it up to Kokichi!"

Wait what?

"Oh- umm- Hehe, just kidding, there's no possible way to make it up to him now- But, now you know what you did wrong and can better yourself for the future! Now you two make up, we can't get out of the killing game if we're all at each other's throats."

That's right, we're in the killing game, I almost forgot about it because of what's been happening recently. But, the fact she said 'you can still make it up to Kokichi' seems off.. Is there something she knows that I don't? Most likely.

"Hey, Kaede," I spoke. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Rantaro glared at me.

"It's nothing about you, Rantaro!" I hurriedly said before I get anymore death stares. "It's just something about the investigation! I swear!"

"Mhmm," Rantaro responded. "Alright." 

Me and Kaede walked off where Rantaro wouldn't hear us.

. . .

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Kaede said.

"Well, as I said, I wanted to talk to you for the investigation. For starters, do you know any reasons why Kokichi would, y'know, kill himself?"

"There are multiple, like, basically the only person there for him was Miu, we treated him like he didn't exist or some sort of monster. He could have just wanted to end all of that pain. You saw how his body was.. He had cuts and bruises all over his arms. He must have suffered a whole lot and it's not like we were helpful in any way, we made it a lot worse."

"Yeah..."

"I once heard him crying in his room.. He didn't seem okay at all, it seemed like he put on an act in front of us. Sometimes I would hear Miu by herself and talking to herself about how worried she is for Kokichi's health. She said that he would self harm and that she hated herself for not doing anything about it." 

Some things I already heard from Keebo, but he was crying in his room.. We all really were total jerks. Why did we act so badly towards him? There really wasn't much of a reason for us to. We acted, well, we are absolute jerks. 

"I really don't know much myself. Sorry if I'm not much help, Shuichi. But, after you two fought with each other, he told me that he was planning something big, something no one here would expect,"

We stared at each other awkwardly for a moment. What was the big plan she said? Was he even able to do it?

"Well, sorry again if I wasn't much help! Hope your investigation goes well!" Kaede cheerfully said.

Kaede walked off towards where Rantaro was. We went our separate ways. The bushes were rustling again, I have to go find out what it is.

I walk over to the bushes slowly trying not to make a sound. I peek over and so far I see nothing. Quickly, I jump to the side expecting someone to just be sitting there, but nothing is there. Nothing in sight except for a pile of leaves. No one or nothing was there. Was it my imagination?

.

.

.

I FINALLY FINISHED IT- Sorry for the long ass wait, but I lost motivation while writing this so yeah. Hope you enjoyed this shitty chapter- Sorry if it isn't so great but yeah you get what you get lol