Chapter 1

"I was running through the woods holding onto my knife running from a pack of walkers that were behind me, I sprinted as fast as I can but I then tripped on a branch hurting my leg. I got up and started limping I decided to climb a tree and stay there for the night. As I climbed up the tree I sat on a branch, looking down I saw the walkers, they where right under me walking away, one wrong move and I would fall and to be eaten alive. I sat on the tree for a few hours. It was getting late so I decided I was gonna rest here until tomorrow."

"My names Hailey Dixon, I'm 13 and I have long blonde hair and blue eyes."

"I missed my dad, we got split up when this all started, 5 months ago.

Flash back

"I was outside for a bit, it was 1 week into the apocalypse. My dad told me to not go outside when they left to go out hunting or scavenging for whatever was left. I was only 13 years old. I heard a walker coming towards me, I got up and looked at the walker, it looked like a girl my age. Poor girl. I grabbed my knife and ran over to the walker stabbing my knife into it's head blood pouring all over me and the ground. I then heard more growling I turned around to see a whole herd of walkers heading towards my house. So I ran off , running and running, I kept running until I bumped into someone. I looked up to see a teenaged boy about 15-16 and a few more people there where kids, adults, and babies. They let me into there group. I survived with them we made a camp, I became best friends with this one girl, she was my age and had short brown hair and green eyes with a lot of freckles on her face. Until one day I went out hunting by myself, my father Daryl Dixon, taught me how to hunt. So I usually went hunting with the group. But this time was different. I got lost and couldn't find the group. I then heard a pack of walkers behind me. So I ran."

"And that's how I ended up in this tree."

End of flashback

"The group, my father well heck maybe everyone thinks I'm dead. I never liked uncle Merle, and I knew he never liked me either. He was a druggie always bringing girls over to the house and also gettin drunk. He always called me names, hitting me, and throwing stuff at me. but I never told my father, I don't know why though."

Next day

"I woke up still in the tree, I climbed down and started walking to who knows where. My leg hurt so dang bad but I just went through with the pain."

"As I was walking I heard some kids screaming, so I ran towards the noise thinking it was my group. As I made it to the group I saw a walkers eating a deer and some men and women around it as it ate the deer, then I heard a voice say, "son of a bitch!" I turned around to the man and saw a man with a crossbow, but I couldn't see his face since I was behind them, but it sounded like my father! I then saw the walker get up and start making it's way towards the people so I got my crossbow and pointed it at the walker and shot it. The group turned to me with guns pointed right at me."

"What's your name little lady." A man with brown curly hair said to me.

"Hailey, Hailey Dixon."

"The group looked shocked at what I said. Then the man with a crossbow looked right at me when I said that, it was my father."

"My father was standing right there, I couldn't believe what I was seeing."

"Hailey?"

"Dad?!"

"I ran to him and he embraced me into a hug, I never wanted to let go."

"We pulled apart and the group looked shocked."
"Hello." I said waving my hand.

"An old man then said "You have a daughter Daryl?"

"Damn right I do." My dad said grabbing my hand and leading me away from the group."

"Merle! Merle! Get your ass out here, haileys here and I got us some Squirrel, let's stew 'em up."

"My face then went pale. Merles here?"

"Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." A man said.

"Bout what?" Dad said.

"About Merle, there was a problem in Atlanta."

"My dad then stepped back a bit. "He dead?"
"We're not sure."

"He either is or he ain't!" My dad said pushing me towards a Korean kid.

"There is no easy way to say it so I'll just say it." Another man said.

"Who are you?" Dad said.

"Rick grimes."

"Rick grimes, you got somethin you wanna tell me?" Dad said mocking Rick.

"Your brother was a danger to us all, So I hand cuffed him on a roof hooked up to a piece of metal. He's still there."

"Hold on let me process this, your saying you hand cuffed my brother to a roof... AND YOU LEFT HIM THERE?!"

"Yes."

"My dad then threw the Squirrels at Rick but missed, Rick and a man ran over to my dad and held him into a choke hold."

"Dad! Let him go!" I yelled.

"Hailey, stay out of this!" My dad yelled.

"The Korean guy then grabbed my hand and walked me over to a tent."
"I went inside the tent and just sat here, the Korean guy told me his name was Glenn, Glenn then walked away somewhere. I was just left to sit there. After a few minutes my dad walked into the tent."
"I'm going off to find Merle." Dad said sounding angry.

"But we just found each other dad!"
"I'm sorry Hailey, I'll be back soon." Dad said putting a hand on my shoulder.
"He then hugged me and walked out of the tent, so I followed him leaving my crossbow in the tent."

"I saw Rick, my dad, T-dog, and Glenn drive off"

"So your saying Daryl Dixon has a daughter?" I heard someone say as everyone gathered around."

"Yea, her name is Hailey."

"He doesn't seem like a father type of guy."
"Well he is." I said.
"All eyes landed on me."
"Hello Hailey, I'm Lori." Lori then walked over to me and grabbed my hand showing me around to everyone."

"Hi Hailey." A kid my age said.
"Hi!"
"I'm Carl grimes." He said. "Hi Carl grimes." I said giving him a smile."

"So wanna come to the quarry with me and Sophia?" Carl asked.

"Sure!" I said.

"Me and Carl then headed down to the quarry with Sophia."

"I then heard some adults arguing so I turned around to see a large guy and some women arguing and Shane then headed to where they where."

"Oh no."