Chapter 3

"Anyone infected?" I heard a voice yell.
"One of our group was... he didn't make it." Rick said.

"Why are you here and what do you want?"
"A chance." Rick said to the man.

"That's asking an awful lot these days."
"I know."

"You all summit to a blood test, that's the price of admission." The man said.

"We can do that."

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed."

"After everyone got there stuff from the cars we all headed back inside and closed the doors."

"Vi, seal the main entrance, kill the power up here." The man said.

"Rick grimes." Rick said holding out his hand

"Dr. Edwin Jenner."

"We all got inside the elevator, it was kinda cramped inside though."

"We then got out of the elevator and Jenner walked infront of us."
"I saw that creepy guy from the camp a few feet away from me. He was creepy."

"Vi! bring up the lights in the big room." Jenner said.
"Welcome to zone 5."

"Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Rick asked Jenner.

"I'm it."
"It's just me here." Jenner said.

"What about the person you where speaking with? Vi?" Lori asked.

"Vi, say hello to our guests, tell them... welcome."

A computer thing then started to speak."Hello guests welcome."

"I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." Jenner said.

"Jenner then lead us into a room with chairs and everyone got there blood tests, but I was last."
"I sat down on the chair and Jenner wiped my arm and grabbed a needle, I don't really like needles so my legs started to shake a little, but Carl but his hand on my shoulder as Jenner poked the needle into my arm I looked away and closed my eyes shut until he finished. I got up feeling dizzy."

"You okay?" Jenner asked.

"She hasn't eaten in days, none of us have." Jacqui said to Jenner.

"Jenner lead us into a room with a big table and chairs with food."

"We all ate the food and talked, I sat next to my dad and Carl."

"You know in France, kids drink wine." Dale said.

"Well when Carl's in France I'll give him some." Lori said.

"What's it gonna hurt?" Rick said to Lori.

"Lori moved her hand off Carl's cup and laughed as dale poured some wine into it and Carl took a drink and made a weird face."

"Ew!" Carl said as everyone laughed.

"Wanna try some Hailey?" Rick asked.

"Ew no I already tried some before and it's gross." I said.

"Everyone looked at Daryl and Daryl put his hands up."

"She took a drink of her mother's by accident before." Dad said.

"I sighed and looked down at my feet, that was before mom became alcoholic, and left us she came back a few times but she was never the same she was mean to me."

"If you don't mind me asking, where is her mother?" Shane asked.
Dad scoffed and said, "who knows."

"Well what did everyone do before the world went to shit?" Rick asked.

"I was a pizza deliver guy." Glenn said and everyone laughed at that.

"Hunting, fishin, tracking and stuff like that." I said.
"Yep she got it from 'me." Dad said.

"How'd you get that scar on your arm?" Glenn asked.
"I then remembered the scar I got on my arm that I never told anyone about not even my dad. When my parents broke up I visited my mom 2 months before this all started and she was drunk and threw a bear bottle at me causing my arm to get a deep cut. I had to go to the doctor to get stitches and mom told me to never tell anyone."

"Oh umm this scar? I-I don't remember..." i said kinda stuttering.

"You lying, I am your dad I know when your lying. tell me Hailey." Dad said

"I then sighed and looked up and saw everyone Staring at me "mom threw a beer bottle at me." I said as everyone looked at me with shocked faces, but I saw that creepy guy Matt giving me a creepy grin. I looked away and dad put a hand on my shoulder."

"I'm sorry."  Dad said.

"For what?"

"For not being there much for you."

"Don't be sorry dad." I said

"After everyone ate we all followed Jenner."

"Most of the facility is powered down, including housing, so you'll have to make do here. The couches are comfortable. But there are cots in the storage if you like. There's also a Rec Room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? Or anything that draws power. The same applies, if you shower go easy on the hot water." Jenner said as he walked away.

"Hot water?" Glenn said smiling.

"That's what the man said." T-Dog said to Glenn as they both laughed.

"Me and dad went into a room a I put my stuff down and rushed to the bathroom. I turned on the hot water and go in the shower."

"After about 15 minutes I got out of the shower and put on some clean clothes and walked out of the room and to the Rec room. I saw Lori and Shane arguing about who knows what, then he tried grabbing onto Lori and Lori scratched him on his neck that's when I saw Shane look straight at me so I ran off and went inside my room, I got on the bed to see that Daryl had already went to sleep. He looked drunk, I just chuckled and went to sleep."

•The next day•

"I woke up and saw that my dad was gone, he was probably with the others. So I got up and changed into some jeans, some boots, and a black shirt. I also put my blonde hair into a messy bun. I went to the kitchen and saw no one there, I then started to walk to the room Jenner showed us yesterday, I think it was called zone 5? But when I went there I saw that the doors where closed. But I heard no noise from how thick the doors where. I started to panic thinking they where stuck inside, the door then opened and I saw everyone run out and my dad grabbed my arm and pulled me with him."

"I'm staying." Jacqui said.

"That's completely insane!" T-dog said running over to her.

"It's completely sane!" She said back.

"I'm staying to." Andrea said.
"Andrea no!" Dale yelled at her.

"Just go!" Dale yelled at us. I was still confused as to what was happening. "What's happening dad?" I asked. "The building is about to explode!" My dad yelled back. "Wait what?!"

"My dad then pushed me down to the ground and I then heard a Grenade go off my eyes started to ring but my dad grabbed me and pulled me through the window as everyone ran to the cars. I saw dale and Andrea also run out."

"We all got down and the building blew up with fire. A few tears escaped my eyes and ran down my face as we drove off."