Part 23 "Our Lost Angel"

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

We're here at her living room, still lying in her sofa while me hugging her back. She's still sleeping. I caressing her hair when she move a little bit.

"It's too early. Why are you awake?" she groaned as she face me and hug me.

"I can't sleep anymore. I just want to look at you. Making sure you'll never leave me." I said and smile at her.

She pout so I gave her a smack. She lightly pinch my lips.

"Aww, what's that for?" I yelped but she just chuckled.

"That's for keeping secrets from me."

"I'm sorry." I replied then she gave me a smack too. I kissed her forehead and she talked again.

"Chaeng, promise me that you won't keep secrets anymore. Whether it's a problem or whatever, don't keep it by yourself. I'm here. We're here for you."

"I promise, Love." I said and stared at her.

"Love? That's what you called me before? Just a while ago you're saying baby to me." She pout again. I chuckled. She's so damn cute.

"What do you prefer?"

"I prefer baby." she said.

"What? Do you want us to have a baby now?" I said as I teased her. She pinch me again this time in my nose.

"Hey, it hurts. Kiss it. " I command.

"In your dreams. By the way, how did you know my passcode of my door?" She ask.

"I guessed it. I tried my passcode on your door, thankfully, it was the same." I answered and tease her again. I look at her face still in awe.
And said "Stalker."

She tickles me again until I surrender.
Then stop her hand on my neck and touch my necklace.

"I always see you wearing this necklace. Sort of you're a kind of senti huh?" She teased me.

"Of course, someone special gave it to me."

"Who's that huh?" She crossed her arms and waiting for my reply.

"Pabo, of course, it was you."

"Oh really? I'm good at picking huh. It looks good on you. Can you tell me more about it? Like when did I gave it to you, where and why?" Her questions are continuous.

"Tell me all Chaeyoung. I want to hear it. You promised me a while ago, no more secrets." She added. I chuckled then nodded at her. I stood up and pull her.

"W-wait where are we going?" I intertwined our hands and went outside her condo unit. I lead her into my unit and went inside. Then, we went inside my room and close the door.

"Yah, Chaeyoung! Don't do anything bad. We just reconciled!" I heard her nervously chattering. I laugh at her.

"My Minari, you're thinking too much huh. I thought you're curious about this necklace." I said when I took off it.

"Just sit there on the bed."  Then she followed. I get the black box she gave to me inside my cabinet and show it to her.

"This box contains this." I pointed out the necklace. "You even wrote me a letter. It was your gift for me for my birthday." I added.

She get the letter and read it. I can see on her face that she's nearly to cry.
I lifted her chin up, making her to look at me.

"There's more." I said and get something on my wallet.

I gave it to her. Her hands were shaking seeing the thin paper she was holding. Her tears are slowly dripping. I wipe it as I cried too.

"Chaeng, I can't understand. I'm pregnant at this time?" She ask me.

"But where is our child?" She added.

"We lost him, baby. I'm sorry."

Flashback:

I texted Momo and asked if I can call her. She replied she's on her way to Mina's house to pick her 'coz they're going somewhere. She said she'll just call me if she's already there. I waited for about 20 minutes then my cp rang. Momo's calling. I answered it quickly.

"Hello Momo!"

"Hey Chaeyoung. Why did you want to call?" She asked. I breathe out first and talked.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Can you inform me if there's a child living in their house? Or if you know Mrs. Shasha, their head house-maid?" I asked.

"I know Mrs. Shasha, but why?" She asked.

"I'm trying to figure out if our child was alive." I asked.

"I'm sorry Chaeyoung but I think there's no child here. And it's only 3 months when Mina got an ultrasound." She said.

"Shit, you have your point. I'm sorry, I'm being paranoid right now Momo." 

"So we lost him." I added.

"I'm so sorry Chaeyoung."

End of flashback

Mina can't stop crying so I hug her tightly. It's also hard for me, thinking that we lost a precious angel. I wipe her tears and kiss her forehead.

"I'm so sorry Mina. It's my fault. I should be on your side at that time."

"I didn't even remember that I lost my child. I'm so cruel. I'm a bad mother."

"Don't be like that. No one wants this to happen. I'm pretty sure our child understood our situation. And I know, he's always at our side, watching and guiding us. He's our angel, Mina."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Few minutes passed, Mina slept again. She was drained by her endless cry.  I covered her my comforter and lowered the aircon's cool. I stared at her for a while.

I promise Mina that you'll not be crying like this anymore. I will never leave you and will love you forever. I'll fight our love 'till the end and no one can stop that.

To be continued.....