✿~[Prologue]~✿ [Elin]

✿~✿~✿

"Nicole! They're here!" Natalie shouted.

The sound of middle aged men could briefly be heard in the background, but the pair of siblings were more focused on the noises of them rummaging through their items.

Not that there was anything valuable to begin with, but by how hard they were throwing things around in attempts to find them, they knew the debt collectors were at the peak of their frustration.

Nicole whipped her head around to face her sister, her grip on her hand tightening.

"Goddammit! They just don't know when to give up, do they?!" She gritted her teeth as she dragged her younger sister towards the secret exit.

From a tender age of 9, the pair of twins have been on the run. Life wasn't good, they lived a harsh life...there were few people willing to help them, if not, none.

Their parents went missing when they were barely able to read, and left them with a debt of 30 million.

Often, Natalie would wonder, just why they must lead a life like this. Always barely escaping the clutches of the collectors, left to deal with the consequences of people she and her sister don't even remember.

In the end, Nicole would always to tell her to try and think positive, and point out all of the benefits this life has given them.

Of course, that was a lie, but it would help Natalie sleep better.

This life has given them nothing.

Absolutely nothing!

They have been forced to do unimaginable things, just to survive and continue living. Survival was the only thing they had on their mind, and in the end, they had practically skipped their whole childhood.

"THERE THEY ARE! YOU LITTLE WRETCHES-"

Picking up the speed, Nicole felt sweat fall off her chin, as exhaustion start to over come her.

It was painful, she was so tired. She knew Natalie felt the same, and despite her attempts to cheer her up, Nicole knew the both of them were already ruined.

The debt collectors starting to close in on the twins, yelling and screaming threats of what they would do to them once they laid their hands on them.

Honestly, in this moment, the twins were more afraid then they had ever been in their lives.

Making it out into the crowded market, they hurried to cover their faces with their scarfs, hoping to lose those lowlifes that was chasing them.

In the end, it was simply a vain attempt, as they were noticed immediately.

"47- No, 62. There is 62 two of them!" Nicole huffed out desperately.

"Nicole..." Natalie called.

There was only one option left.

"We need to fight them."

The older twin stared silently at the younger one.

"Are you insane?! That's practically like choosing suicide!" Nicole roared.

Natalie simply flashed Nicole a smile.

This was the end anyways, so she decide she might as well give them the fight of their lives.

The leading debt collector threw himself at Natalie, grabbing her by the hair.

Nicole skittered across the side of the road, lunging for the bulky man's eyes.

A painful growl was heard from the man as he released Natalie, who proceeded to launch herself at another guy.

This time, she successfully broke the man's nose. Nicole on the other side sprinted over to the guy who was preparing to go for a nasty sneak attack on her sister.

This guy was rather strong though, and as his grip tightened around her wrist, she cried in pain, feeling it snap.

Bystanders looked away painfully, the cowards of these streets dared not to get involved.

While the twins fought, they had forgotten all about the guy from before, who had steadied himself.

They each let out a painful yelp, as the man grabbed them by their clothes, flinging Nicole and Natalie onto the road.

Natalie scraped her arm across the concrete, and Nicole had barely lifted herself up when she whizzed her head around to face the enormous truck heading their way.

Everything felt frozen for a few seconds, as if all sound were blocked out.

The next thing the twins knew, they were lying in their own pool of blood, meters away from the parked truck.

Their sights were blurry and uneven, not even realizing how far they had flown on impact.

Yet death still felt a little long off.

How to kill time?

"...Happy birthday to us..." Nicole started, her hoarse voice croaking out the lyrics.

"Happy birthday to us..." Natalie continued, before coughing harshly.

"Happy birthday to us,"

"Happy birthday to-"

-Us.

Then, everything went dark.

The twin sisters...

Dying on their birthday.

✿~✿~✿~

^ Natalie and Nicole

✿~✿~✿

(Elin):

HEYYYYYYYYYYY! I really hope you've enjoyed this prolouge! I'm really excited to be writing this story with Miaka-san, and I hope you will stick around to find out what happens next to Natalie and Nicole~

✿~✿~✿

(Miaka🍵):

Hii, I really hope you've enjoyed this prologue! I'm also very excited to be working with Elin on this story, and I hope everybody will continue reading to find out what happens next, hehe~

Until next time!

Goodbye~

✿~✿~✿