✿~{Chapter Three}~✿ (Miaka)

✿~✿~✿

⇢ ˗ ˏˋ Timeskip

It's been 14 years...since I reincarnated. Today is my birthday. My 14th one....

Sitting on the stool of the dressing table, I stared back at myself in the mirror. It copied my movements, mimicking me perfectly as my reflection showed the sadness in my eyes.

...Without Nicole. We never made it to 14 in our past life. Well, we did but as you know it did not last for more than...a day.

I sighed, feeling the fingers of someone styling my hair. "Your highness?" A monotone voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I blinked, my eyes flickering back to the looking glass. "What..." I bit my tongue, trailing off before any more (rude) words slip out.

Ever since I reached the age of 1 in this world till today, I have been put through a hellish training process called 'etiquette' to correct my behaviour.

I have become the perfect princess in the eyes of my
teachers. I hated it, of course. I didn't want to, I never wished for this...but, I endured for one reason only. And that reason alone.

"...Is it?" I question, finishing my incomplete somewhat of a sentence from earlier. I gaze at the mirror, seeing the appearance of the maid that was making my hair.

Her expression was stoic; emotionless as she averted my gaze from the reflecting surface, turning her head to the side. "I'm finished." She says.

I inspect myself or to be exact my head. I note how the usual stands of my silvery hair that used to loosely frame my face had been pulled back into a bun and the tip of my tresses curled in a magnolious manner.

I nod, satisfied with my hair and I wave my hand, dismissing the maid. She bows before hurridely leaving.

Upon her departure, I stand up as the mirror slowly reveals the reflection of my dress. The colour of my outfit was a pretty pale shade of creamy ivory.

Gold linings adorned the middle of my sleeveless and shoulder less dress as a decoration with a bow fastened on the top of the outfit.

Flowers shapped as roses were fastened on to my dress as the ruffles adorned onto the outfit were sweeped to each side.

Which left a see-through piece of fabric in which my legs could be seen if one looked close enough. All in all, it was a beautiful dress.

Though, there was something that was missing. I looked back at myself in the mirror, my eyes landing on my bare neck.

As I was about to reach out to put on a necklace, there was a sudden knock on the door which startled me. "Master?"

I composed myself before answering as numerous  knocks after one another came banging through.

"C-come in." I squeaked, still surprised. My heart beated fast like I was in some horror movie.

...Ah. Wrong genre...this is reincarnation. If ya here for horror, we don't serve it here. Go elsewhere.

With my permission, someone entered. Breaking the door with him as he ran into the room, screaming:

"Master~!"

Haah. I mentally facepalmed myself in the head not ready to deal with this racket so early in the morning. I could feel an oncoming headache as I sighed.

Beside the energetic boy was his older twin. The reserved one who poliety bowed, forcing his brother to do the same.

"Good morning Master." He greeted, still doing a low bow.