CHAPTER 23 - HORCRUX

We're stood before a huge cave, the entrance is dark and eerie, with a tape covering it and a big sign saying DO NOT ENTER! I glance about, checking no one is around as I pull out my wand from the back pocket of my jeans, and with a simple flick, make the tape and sign disappear. I go to move forward when Lucius pulls me back, making me turn and look at him.

"No matter what happens, you stay behind me."

I go to protest, but he grips my arm tighter. "I mean it Kelly. Stay behind me."

"Fine."

I sigh, as he lets me go, moving in front of me as I trail after him. We move slowly, walking cautiously through the tunnel - like passageways, the walls glistening with tiny crystals, like the ones you find in mines. If we weren't focused on something way more important, I would be frozen in awe at the sight of it all. It was like nothing I had ever seen. After about 15 minutes of me trying to move quicker, Lucius finally allows me to walk beside him, due to the lack of dangerous things we have seen up to now. We stay silent in case our voices echo off the walls, alerting anything we didn't want to see.

We're walking through another slim path when we realise it's a dead end. Just a big, round space, filled with nothing but the air we are breathing. Lucius sighs, but I refuse to give up, lifting my wand and pointing it upwards. "Revelio," I whisper, a tiny beam of light shooting out from my wand and erupting into a million others, glittering over the cave. Lucius and I watch in anticipation, waiting for a secret door to be revealed or something.

When nothing appears, Lucius grabs my hand gently, pulling me away to the exit when I notice something in the corner. "Lucius," I whisper, making him look at me as I nod in the direction of the narrow corner. He spots the light I see spilling out from the edge of the wall, moving closer but keeping a hold on my hand. We approach the small gap in the wall, Lucius pointing his wand to it as a sharp crack is heard. I watch curiously, only to realise he's breaking the wall with magic. When it starts to crumble, he stands back, pulling me with him. We walk back slowly, and stand still in the centre. I look up to see a piece of rock hanging above us, about to fall. Lucius spots it too as it drops.

"Lucius!" I scream as I feel myself being pulled back at the last moment, Lucius shielding me with his body as we fall to the floor. When I slowly look up, I see he's searching my face and body, checking for any injuries. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," I groan, sitting up as I look at his face, my eyes widening at the gash on his lip. "Never mind about me, look at you!" I move forward quickly, holding his face and assessing his wound. "Oh no..."

"I'm all right Kelly." I ignore him as I wipe the blood dripping from his chin with my sleeve, using a quick incantation to stop the bleeding. It still looks bad though. "Kelly, I'm fine. Honestly. I've had much worse injuries."

"Are you sure?"

He nods and I finally pull away, turning to see a new entrance has now formed. Lucius follows my gaze, staring at the new tunnel he had opened. He stands, helping me up as we share a look. I feel the anger rising in me - I know what he's about to say.

"No."

"Kelly-"

"No Lucius. I'm going. And that's the end of it."

He sighs, shaking his head as I move past him, stepping through the rubble and going to the new entrance, where several lit torches are showing the way, hanging on the sides of the walls. I hear Lucius behind me as I walk through the opening, stopping when I approach a large set of steps. I feel him then, holding my waist as he moves past me, looking at the staircase. My skin burns at the touch, and I roll my eyes at how pathetic I felt, having a strong urge to let him have me right here on the damp cave floor. I watch him inspect the steps before offering me his hand.