CHAPTER 33 - A SIGN

⬆THE FAN ART ABOVE IS NOT MINE BUT IT FITS MY STORY SO WELL. CREDIT GOES TO WHOEVER MADE THIS - IT REALLY REMINDS ME OF CHRISTMAS DAY WHEN LUCIUS TOLD KELLY SHE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL. (HER SKIN IS A LITTLE DARKER THO - LIKE A NICE LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN.)

* * *

"Alohomora."

The door opens with a faint click, allowing me to enter as I walk in, vial in one hand and the cloak in the other. I close the door quietly behind me in case Lucius is sleeping, breaking the silence in the house as I sigh, hanging the cloak on the peg and glancing at the vial in my hand. I shake it a little, watching the thick purple liquid lapping against the glass inside.

Not wishing to waste time, I walk quickly up the stairs, stopping when I reach the bedroom door. As I go to open it, I suddenly remember my appearance, quickly wiping the tears that stained my cheeks - I didn't want Lucius to see me like this.
I know he would just worry obsessively.
Taking a deep breath, I open the door, entering as quietly as I can and gently closing it behind me. As I near the bed, I quickly realise that Lucius is indeed sleeping, and I find myself smiling at the sight of him. The covers are barely concealing his naked chest as it rises and falls slowly to match his calm breathing. His long blonde hair is spread on the pillow, cushioning his head comfortably as he sleeps soundly.

He looks so peaceful.

I crouch down beside the bed, placing the vial on the bedside table and stroking Lucius's cheek, gently moving a few loose strands of hair from his face. "Lucius?" I say softly, watching him as he slowly opens his eyes, smiling tiredly when he sees me. I can't help but smile back, speaking in a soft voice as he awakes, blinking slowly. "I have a potion for you to take."

He nods and I stand, helping him to sit up then placing a few pillows behind his back. He watches me carefully as I transfigure an unused tissue into a spoon before opening the vial and pouring some of the potion out. I close it when I'm done, setting it back down as I turn back to Lucius, placing my hand under his chin. Then I gently tilt it up, bringing the spoon to his mouth as he opens it. As he drinks, I notice he pulls a disgusted face, sickened by the taste of it. He immediately resists, trying to close his mouth.

"Lucius please," I say taking the spoon away from his mouth as his eyes watch mine. "You have to take this. Otherwise, how are you going to heal?" He stares at me for a moment, attempting to break me but it doesn't work - instead I raise my eyebrow at him, causing him to sigh and open his mouth. Smiling, I bring the spoon back to his mouth, feeding him the rest of the liquid. He grimaces and makes a noise of disgust at the last drop, clearly it must have been the worst part. "It's ok, you're done," I assure him, placing the spoon back on the side, speaking to him as though he's a child being forced to take his medicine. I'm amused at this, smirking as I grab a tissue from the small table, wiping Lucius's mouth. He watches me as I do so, his beaming blue eyes staring at me innocently, yet they still make me nervous.

"There," I say, putting the tissue down. "Wasn't that bad was it?" He groans, pulling a face, "Tastes like goblin piss."

I laugh, "Don't be so dramatic." He watches as I clean up the bedside table, tidying away all our mess. "You have to take the potion every morning for 3 days, then you should be better." I return close to his side, sitting onto the bed as I play with a strand of his hair, brushing it back behind his ear. "You can rest now," I say softly, brushing my thumb over his cheek, smiling. "I'll see you in the morning." As much as I hate leaving him alone, nevermind sleeping separate from him, I know he has to get rest and that means me sleeping in the spare bedroom.

As I go to leave, I feel a tug on my wrist, restraining me from moving. I turn to see Lucius holding on to me, frowning slightly. "Where are you going?"