Twelve

AN- Thanks for reading :) I know the timeline might be a little confusing, so if you need any help feel free to reply or message me. I also don't know exactly where I want the story to go, so if you have any ideas please let me know. Do you guys want Harry and Louis to get back together at some point?

I mention Falling in this chapter, and yes I know that it was written for Fine Line and not HS1, but in this fic, he wrote it sooner. It still won't be released until Fine Line, but he's already written it.

Also, I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this I kinda forget this story existed...

Anyways, I hope you enjoy :) I'll try to upload the next chapter soon

Harry fidgeted nervously as he waited in line for his meds at a nearby Rite-Aid, his mum waiting for him in the car. He studied the scuffed tiles on the floor, not wanting to be recognized. He was wearing an old red baseball cap and had his hood up. The last thing he wanted was for a fan to notice him. According to recent articles, he's been in Jamaica for the past four months, not trapped in a small mental hospital in Oregon. Plus, part of him knew he wasn't ready to see any fans yet. He wasn't ready to go back to his fake smiles and hypocritical words telling his fans to take care of themselves.

Harry got lost in his thoughts and didn't even notice that it was his turn to pick up his prescription until someone working the counter cleared their throat. Harry looked up in surprise, then quickly shuffled forward and took out his ID.

"I'm here to pick up meds for Harry Styles," he said, keeping his voice low. He watched the man's expression carefully, but it showed no signs of recognition when Harry said his name. Harry couldn't help but notice how attractive the young man was. He had dark hair, practically black, and sweet brown eyes, giving him the appearance of a happy puppy. His hair was styled to the side, but there was one strand hanging over his face. Harry was so tempted to reach across the counter and tuck the strand behind the other boy's ear, but he had to remind himself that they were strangers.

The boy walked away for a minute or two, going into a back room. Harry looked around the store, examining everyone around him. It was odd to be in public again. He felt as if eyes were watching him from all around, even though no one was paying the slightest attention to him.

When the black-haired boy came back, he was holding a small white bag with "H Styles," written on it in rushed, slanted handwriting. He took the bag, cringing as the paper rubbed against his dry skin uncomfortably, a sensation he had always despised.

"Thanks," he mumbled, flashing a quick smile before turning and starting towards the door. From the corner of his eye he saw a phone pointed in his direction and looked away, making sure he wasn't facing the camera. But his heart started racing, his mind creating a million scenarios, most of which resulted in the fans somehow finding out about where he'd really been the past four months. Stumbling slightly on his way, he practically ran to the car, jumping in and slamming the door behind him.

Despite it only being him and his mum in the car, he felt suffocated, like thousands of people were mocking him.

"Harry?" Anne asked, a concerned expression immediately forming on her face, "Love what's wrong?"

Harry wrung his hands and took a deep breath before asking, "Drive? Please. I think someone saw me."

Anne paled a little, knowing that the press finding out Harry wasn't in Jamaica would be too much to handle for Harry at the moment. She started the car and drove off, continuously glancing over to look at Harry, whose eyes were closed, and fists were clenched.

"Haz," she cooed, "It'll be alright."

Harry looked up at her, his green eyes were frantic. She would never understand what it was like to be in his position. She would never understand his mental illnesses. She didn't understand how certain things triggered him, or what to do when he blacks out, or how to keep him calm in a stressful situation. It wasn't her fault, she just never experienced life the same way Harry does.