Nine

(Louis' POV)

Louis stood in shock before running to Zayn's side. The raven haired boy had blood spilling out of his mouth, a split lip, and the beginnings of a black eye. Liam was sobbing so hard he fell to the ground.

Zayn tried to stand up, but his world went black. Louis realized what was about to happen a moment before Zayn passed out. He was able to catch Zayn in his arms and carry him over to a couch in the bus.

Once Liam's sobs quieted down they heard it.

Harry was shouting, his voice being carried by the wind.

"NO!"

They heard Harry shout. Louis wanted to go and comfort him. His Haz sounded so hurt. He started walking towards the door, but stopped when Harry shouted again.

"LET ME DIE! I WANT TO DIE!"

Louis froze. He shook his head and ran his hands through his hair. He must've misheard, Harry wouldn't say that.

But he knew he was wrong. Harry had changed. Louis still loved him with his whole heart, but he didn't know how to help the younger boy. Louis felt someone's hand on his shoulder and shook it off.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO!"

Where's he going?

Louis wondered. He made his way towards the door again, but felt someone holding him back. It was Niall.

"Let go," he growled. He saw Niall gulp, but he didn't let go of the older boy.

"I WANT TO DIE!" Harry shouted again.

Louis broke.

He fell to his knees and ran his hands through his hair maddeningly.

"No no no no nononono..." he mumbled, tears welling in his eyes.

"Louis-," Niall started to say, but Louis cut him off.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY TO HIM?!" Louis yelled at Liam.

Liam looked absolutely dumbfounded, but then his expression changed to fury.

"This is not my fault Lou!" he argued back

"WELL THEN WHO'S BLOODY FAULT IS IT? BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE SAME PERSON I FELL IN LOVE WITH!!" he shouted, shaking with anger.

"You're really blaming me? WHAT THE HELL?" Liam yelled back, his voice rising.

"WHY THE FUCK IS HE SAYING THAT?" Louis snapped. Memories of their arguments flashed through his head. Then one particular memory. Louis stumbled backwards, his anger being replaced with overwhelming sadness.

He remembered what he had said last night when he was ill.

"I did this?" He asked, his voice shaking. He looked up at Liam, and his silence said everything.

"Oh god.... Oh god, Haz.... I'm so sorry," he said as sobs racked his body. He had to go find Harry. He had to tell him that he loved him. He had to tell him about the contract that was forcing him to marry Eleanor.

He stumbled out of the van to find the parking lot completely empty except for them.

"No," Louis gasped. He felt Niall pull him into the van and then into a tight hug.

"I did that," Louis said.

"No," Niall said firmly, "Harry's anxiety and depression did that. He's ill Lou, that's not your fault."

"I told him I was getting married.... They said I had to leave him.... It was so damn selfish," Louis managed to say through his tears.

"Management made you do that Lou, you would never do that," Niall persuaded.

Louis shook his head.

"What does that mean?" Niall asked, his voice curious.

"The night at the hotel he asked me to come. He sounded drunk. I don't think he remembers calling me. He said he was scared, and he wanted me. He asked me if I still loved him. I was so mad.... I just hung up," Louis admitted.

He felt Niall pull away from him and looked at the Irish boy.

"Why didn't you say something?" He asked, his tone full of accusation.

Louis couldn't say.

He shut his eyes and allowed the tears to fall.

In that moment, he felt as if the world stopped spinning.

All he knew was that the love of his life was just taken away. He had failed to save his Hazza, his beautiful boy, his everything. He had failed. And Harry was gone.

"Goodbye, my love," he whispered softly, knowing he would never be with Harry again.