Luke's Mate

"Oh shit." The words slipped out of the mouth of the man standing behind Luke and every eye turned in his direction, except for Charlie who was now staring at Liam, her eyebrows arched halfway up her forehead.

Luke grabbed the man by the hand and dragged him into the room, slamming the door behind them. "Just let me tell them. I need to explain. Fuck, fuck, fuck."

Charlie tore her eyes from Liam to stare at her best friend. Luke didn't really swear all that much and so now her eyes were fixed on him, first on his face and then dropping to his hand, which was clasping the hand of the stranger he was leading behind him.

"Oh my goodness, this is too perfect!" She clapped her hands, apparently forgetting for the moment what Liam had just said, while Liam turned to stare at her as if she'd just lost her mind, still not understanding what was going on.

"Perfect? We have to figure out how we're going to explain to the pack that I just lied to everyone." Luke sounded seriously distressed, but Charlie was shaking her perfect ponytail as she stared at the two of them, having risen to her feet, as she bounced from side to side.

"Tell me his name, you idiot." Luke stared at her, as if she still weren't getting the seriousness of the situation and she finally pushed passed him and held out her hands, her cheeks rosy and pink with excitement. She ignored Liam's growl at being ignored and at her proximity to his brother and this new male that he hardly knew.

He squinted at the man she was now beaming up at before running a hand roughly through his dark hair. Fuck. He did recognize him as one of the new pack transfers, and of course he had to be Jenna's older brother.

"I'm Charlie, Luke's roommate and best friend. He saved my life earlier today and that's why he lied to get me in here because apparently your Alpha was alright with leaving me to get murdered by my loser ex because I'm a human." She cast a withering look over her shoulder in Liam's direction before smiling back at the tall stranger that Liam finally noticed was still holding tightly to his younger brother's hand.

"Trevor," he said in a surprisingly deep voice, smiling down at the little red head. The top of her head didn't even reach his shoulder and she was still bouncing excitedly back and forth on the balls of her feet.

"I'm so happy to meet you Trevor. I'm guessing this means I need to find a new place to sleep?" She turned her gaze to Luke, giving him a sly smile.

"You weren't going to be sleeping in his room anyways." Liam growled, shaking his head. "And what the fuck is going on?"

"Well, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your ass being pissed off about me being here against your orders, you would have noticed the moment these two love birds walked into the room, that your little brother just found his mate." Turning her back on the Alpha she smiled back at her best friend as if determined to make up for Liam's bad mood.. "I'm so happy for you two. Why don't you two take the pizzas and soda. And Luke, is what I asked you to pick up in that bag?" Charlie nodded to a brown bag that Trevor had tucked under his arm.

"Careful Charlie." Luke whispered in a low voice.

"You two just go back and enjoy getting to know each other. I'm sure the Alpha here has plenty of guest rooms and I bet he'll be willing to set me up in one rather than throwing me out into the wilderness. After all, who knows what kind of trouble I might get into out there?" she turned her icy blue eyes on him and raised a slender brow.

"I'll make sure she's safe, Luke. And congratulations, you two." Liam turned and stalked towards the window, while Luke gave her a worried look.

"I'll be fine." she mouthed the words to him and made a shooing gesture with her hand. "Just go."