The Demi-God

Charlie's eyes were as wide as saucers as she processed the information that the woman who sat beside her was sharing, her mouth forming a small O, although no sound escaped from between her lips.

"But a human cannot live here among us, even if that child is part Fae, and born of a Goddess. I live in a realm of Gods and Spirits and you may not linger where I am. That is why this must be brief. Your body remains with your mate even now and I only have moments with you my child, in this space between breaths that I have had to steal for us."

"I left you with the sisters who I knew from past experience were kind. I never watch the lives of my children unfold because I cannot intervene. Once, with my first child I did and it nearly broke me to watch the sorrows she experienced while I was unable to do anything of substance to help her."

"It's better that you don't know what happened to me then." Charlie let out a small, bitter breath and chewed on the inside of her cheek.

"The sisters weren't kind?" The Moon Goddess asked, fear flashing across her face.

"I don't know. The orphanage closed when I was ten months old. Someone was embezzling money. I was put in foster care. I don't know why I wasn't adopted out as a baby. I mean that's when it's easiest, right? I grew up in foster care and then started getting trouble when I was like twelve, and after that I ended up moving back and forth between juvie and group homes."

The Moon Goddess' eyes grew wide.

"You don't need to hear about any of that. As you said, you can't save me, so I've been my own for eighteen years and I've been alright. But what I don't get is why now? Why have you shown up and announced who I am now? I'm still basically human or mortal or whatever, right?"

The Moon Goddess shook her head slightly, pursing her lips, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "When you found your mate and he marked you it unleashed the powers within you that had been suppressed up until this moment. We can't very well have little, newborn Demi-Gods running around the world on their own, could we?"

"We had to make it so that there was something that triggered the change when you were old enough to understand that you needed to control it. And as the Moon Goddess I figured out a way to do it. I gave each of my children a mate from my other creation. Werewolves. When you wake up, you will have all of your powers. You will have the powers of a Fae woman and you will be a Demi-God and have all the powers that that entails."

Charlie clenched her jaw. "What the fuck does that even mean. Yesterday I found out about werewolves and now you're telling me I'm a Demi-God and what? A mother-fucking fairy?" If there had been something to punch or throw the fiery little redhead probably would have done it.

"I know this upsetting Charlie-" the Moon Goddess sighed, her voice trailing off. "One of the reasons I loved you father was that he was so fiery and passionate. And it seems that you've inherited his temper."

"Is he still alive?" Charlie asked, sitting up straighter and turning to look at the woman who she was having a very hard time thinking of as her mother.

"Yes. He is. He's in his forties now." The Goddess ran a hand through her long platinum hair. "But he spends very little time on this side of the hill. He was upset with me when he found out I had a child and that he would never know you. I don't know how you would find him. Hell he doesn't speak to me these days. He hasn't ever since you were born." She shrugged her shoulders and her head sagged. "His name is Teigue."

Charlie shook her head again, overwhelmed with everything she had learned.

"Your mate is pulling you back. He's worried. His love is strong. You are truly blessed in that, my daughter." She said the last words wistfully, shaking her head. "I will see you again Charlie, when I'm able. Take care of yourself. And good luck." 

"You have other siblings out there, on Earth. Quite a few of them actually. I imagine that some of them will come to find you soon, now that you are recognizable as a Demi-god. Time for you, and now your mate as well, is not like other humans.I love you my, Dear One."

------------

Charlie came back to her body in a rush, like a rubber band that had been pulled too tight snapping back to its original form. She gasped in a great breath before relaxing back against the soft mattress, and found herself staring up at Liam and Dr. Norris, along with another man with grey hair that she'd never seen before.

"Fuck." she breathed out the word as the tension left her body. "Did I faint?" She tried to sit up but Liam pressed against her shoulder firmly with his huge hand.

"I think you should stay laying down for a few moments. At least until Doc takes a look at you."

Dr Norris slipped by him and began to check her vitals after Liam helped prop a couple of pillows back up behind her back so that she was no longer lying flat.

"I think I had some sort of hallucination." Charlie's hand flew up to the mark on her neck and she didn't miss the look that passed between the three other people that were in the room.

"What do you mean Charlie?" Dr. Norris asked as she finished taking her blood pressure.

"It's nothing really. I mean no one really likes hearing other people's dreams. They're only interesting to the person that had them." Charlie turned her face to the window, feeling that same chill from earlier moving through her body.

"My mother used to say that some dreams were important. I wouldn't mind hearing about yours while we make sure that you're okay. Even for a human, being marked shouldn't have this much of an impact on your body."

Charlie nodded and took a deep breath, looking quickly at Liam who met her eyes before grabbing hold of her hand and enclosing it between his own.

"It's silly. I think I must just have an overactive imagination after the stress of the last two days. Um. I dreamed that I was in this enormous church or temple or something like that. I walked over to this clear pool and I was wearing some sort of tiara and a white dress and this Goddess appeared to me and this is where it gets even weirder. She told me that I'm her daughter and that she left me on earth in an orphanage and that now that I've found my mate my Fae and Demi-God powers have been released and that probably all my Demi-God siblings are going to sense me and start showing up around here looking for me."

Charlie looked genuinely frightened for one brief moment before waving her hand and shaking her head to dismiss the idea. "And the thing was she didn't even tell me what these ridiculous powers were or how to control them or anything like that. I mean she definitely was not about to win mom of the year. I even tried to ask her about my dad and she was like oh yeah he's alive but he won't talk to me so here's his name, he spends his time on the other side of the hill since I told him he wouldn't be able to know you, so good luck. Whatever the Hell that means." Charlie rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I must just be dealing with all sorts of issues right now that my subconscious is trying to work through."

She glanced up and saw both doctors and her mate staring at her, their eyes wide. "What you guys? Was it really that boring? I mean it was just a dream? It's not like the Moon Goddess was really popping out kids and leaving them on doorsteps in the year 2002? Right? So what's the verdict Doc? Did I just pass out from the mind blowing sex? I need to stay better hydrated? Liam why are you looking at me like that?"

A/N- I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! If you did I'd love it if you'd comment and click that little star button to vote for it.

This is the end for Charlie and Liam. For now!  I definitely do want to continue their story in the future, although I have a couple novels to finish before I will get a chance.

And for those of you who want more stories, long and short, right this second and who want to read Patreon exclusive short stories, you may also want to check out the link below:

www.patreon.com/OpheliaShaw

All the links can be found (clickable) in my profile!