Ganyu x reader

*requested*

I let my fingers skim along the wooden exterior of the door, feeling the rims and crevasses of the door. A knot was present in my stomach as I stood outside of Ganyu's office. The half adepti had been on my mind ever since my last meeting with her when I admitted my feelings towards the girl.

I look at the door, feeling apprehensive as I took a shaky breath in, placing my hand against the door. Just as I gathered the courage to open it, I retracted my hand, bringing it towards my chest.

Maybe I should knock first? I nodded to myself, bouncing my hair slightly with the movement as I brought my closed hand to the door. The knot in my stomach tightened as I lightly knocked the door.

"Come in," A soft voice spoke from the other side, signaling that I was allowed inside. Letting out a breath of relief, I brought my hand to the smooth metal door knob, which felt cool against my skin as I twisted the knob, allowing myself inside.

Taking a step into the office, I noticed it was clean as it always was. Ganyu's belongings were neatly placed on shelves and the more important things were easily accessible on her desk. The girl looked up at me from her paperwork, gently placing her pen down on the antique desk. Her violet eyes flashing upon seeing my figure standing in the doorway. A smile made it's way onto her lips before she spoke.

"Hello y/n."

I looked at the half adepti, mesmerized by her elegant composure as she met my eyes. Choking on my own words, I managed a shy, "hi," back. As I skimmed my eyes across her desk, a bouquet of flowers carefully placed into a beautiful white marble vase caught my eye.

"You kept the flowers I got you?" I asked, my heart fluttering in my chest, happy knowing she kept the flowers I brought her when I confessed.

Ganyu nodded, her smile still evident on her face as she glanced over at her flowers that were displayed on the desk.

"Of course! They're from you, so they're special to me. Plus they are qingxin flowers, which are my favorite," Ganyu responded as she brought her chin to rest on top of her clasped hands.

I nodded, my facing starting to feel hot as I took a step further into the office, letting the door shut with a gentle, "thud," behind me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me to see the lanterns tonight at the harbor?" I asked, placing my hands behind my back. I'm sure Ganyu could notice, but I was nervous as I asked, scared of rejection despite Ganyu saying she reciprocated my feelings just earlier.

To my surprise, she nodded, clearly happy I asked, "I'd be delighted to! I just finished my work, so let me lock the place up and we can go."

I dipped my head as I walked towards the corner of her office in order to stay out of the girl's way while she cleaned the place up. Once the girl grabbed a silver key from a drawer in her desk, she motioned for me to exit the office.

A clicking sound could be heard, signaling the door was locked as Ganyu twisted the key, placing it in her back pocket. The pale blue haired girl turned to look at me, seeming to wait for my next move as she stood there with her hands held together in front of her.

"Ready?" I asked. The girl nodded as we began to leave the building.

*****

We had made it right in time, as the splash of color from the lights danced around the dark sky. I glanced over a Ganyu, whose mouth was slightly agape as she stared at the lanterns, the light reflecting in her eyes.

"Do you like it?" I asked, being unable to suppress a smile as I stared at her. She was gorgeous as her light blue hair swayed in the light breeze while she gripped onto the ledge, looking out at the lanterns that were being released over the harbor.

"It's beautiful," the girl said in awe as she looked out at the lights that stuck out against the dark sky. The sound of gentle waves lapping against the base of the harbor could be heard alongside the chatter of excited individuals. Ganyu slowly blinked before turning her head towards me, her lips tugging into a smile.

"Thank you for taking me here," Ganyu's voice was soft as she gently wrapped one of her hands around my own.

"I'm just glad to see you happy," I responded as I brought her hand up to my lips, placing a kiss on the top of it.

"With my job, I never thought I'd be able to go out and do things like this. Thank you for showing me I can," the girl said quietly as she turned back to look at the lanterns again, placing her elbows on the railing as she leaned her body against it. "I.. like you a lot," Ganyu whispered, seeming flustered at her own words as she admitted her feelings.

I smiled as my heart skipped a beat, feeling overcome with joy. She meant more to me than she knew.

"I like you too."

A/N: SORRY IM SO BAD AT UPDATING IM GONNA TRY MY BEST BUT I DONT HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR THIS BOOK 💔‼️
I'll try and get to my request!! I can't promise they'll be fast tho lol