Jean x reader

My words drifted throughout the quiet household as I read my favorite book out loud to the blonde who rested beside me. Her breaths were short and rhythmic while she seemed to struggle to keep her eyes open. I knew she had another long day at work, due to upon walking in our shared residence, she slumped against the wall while she made her way to the couch. I was the one who suggested reading to her, as I noted when said she liked listening to my voice a few days ago since it calmed her. I paused mid-sentence, glancing down at the blonde whose head rested on my shoulder. 

"Why'd you stop?" the girl mumbled as she looked up, giving me a drowsy gaze. Her hair was down, and a few stray strands hung over her face. Normally, she would make sure her hair was done neatly with nothing out of place. She always wanted to make sure she was setting a good example to her peers, and personally I believe she went out of her way to do this. 

A soft giggle left my lips as I repeated her question in my head, "I thought you fell asleep." I stroked the few strands of hair out of her face while she closed her eyes once more, slowly shaking her head. 

"Not yet I'm not, I have a lot to think about," she responded, giving a sigh filled with slight sorrow. Her workload was probably stressing her out, especially with the new Stormterror incidents that were now going on. I felt bad for the acting grand master, as the pressure from the citizens of Mondstadt must have been tremendous. 

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" I asked, hoping there was at least something I could do to be of aid to my girlfriend, as I hated seeing her stressed like this. 

She nodded, taking me by surprise as she always rejected my offerings, "you can continue reading that book," she responded while she buried her head into my shoulder, turning her body towards me. I rolled my eyes at her witty comment.

"You know what I meant. Is there anything I can do to help you with your job?" 

Jean shook her head, not retracting her face away from me, "you know the answer as well as I do, and that is a firm no. You have your own job, don't worry about me." Her voice sounded muffled through my shoulder as she spoke. Stubborn as always. "Plus I think I found a few people that will be able to help me with the Stormterror problem, I'm sure everything will be fine."

I smiled, feeling satisfied with her response, happy knowing she had other people to help her for the first time in a while. She almost never accepted outside help. 

"good, I'm glad," I responded.

After a brief moment of silence, Jean spoke up once more, "now back to where we were in that book.."

Her comment made me giggle as I shook my head, bringing the book back up to my face, scanning the words to find the last line I was on before I paused previously. Finding the line, I began reading once more, my voice ringing through the room again. The girl relaxed next to me before eventually drifting off to sleep as I continued reading, unaware. 

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in forever!! I want to try and actually make these chapters good, but I don't have the mental compacity. I'm sorry this chapter was bad, I'll try better next time I promise!!