Chapter III | Ain't No Crime

まあ、あなたの心からそれを取得することについて二度考えないでください。

Well, good evening. We are miraculously across town once again at the GTV Recording Studios here in Philadelphia. We like to welcome all of you here in our studio, and to our listeners to WZTR Live Radio Concert number 7.

So now let's welcome... Kousei Arima.

Kousei Arima, ready for his performance, stepped out from the backstage as he appeared in front of the live radio audience. Wearing his formal attire of coat and tie with brown pants, he's not the same person as he was five months ago when he signed in for Parlogram Records.

He sat down at the grand piano, and everyone went silent. They were waiting for Kousei to hit the keys, and so was him. His fingers danced on the white and black keys of the piano, as if they were performing a ballet. Kousei swayed left and right, finding the right tempo and the melody he was improvising.

As he struck the last few bars of the song's intro, cymbals started fading in. The last key played, and an ensemble of a bass, rhythm guitar, and drums started accompanying the song. The audience started clapping, even though it was only the beginning.

Kousei went on to perform for an hour. Afterwards, he bid farewell to the audience and to the radio DJ, who was enthralled with his full performance.

That was Mr. Kousei Arima, the new rising star from Japan. I'm sure he'll be reaching new heights as he goes on with his career. In the meantime, thank you for listening to WZTR Live Radio Concert. That was our seventh live performance. Hope you enjoyed today's spontaneous broadcast.

As he went to the backstage, he was greeted with Tsubaki, who enjoyed his performance so much, that he hugged him.

"Kousei! You were so great back there! I'm sure everyone in America will come to love you!"

"Oh please don't say that, Tsubaki. I always get chills whenever you say that." Kousei said, as he wrapped both of his arms around himself to cope with his nervous radio performance.

While they were walking out of the backstage, they were met by a man in a business suit.

"Good evening... or as they say in Japan... Arigato." The business suit stranger said.

"Oh hello, mister. It's nice to meet you. Umm... is there something I can help you?" Kousei asked. Tsubaki looked at the businessman, and had to almost look away.

"I would like to propose a deal. I can manage you, your financial dealings, and your tours. I will make you the piano man of your dreams!" He said.

Kousei brightened up his face, but then he realized that certain artists who had a manager had various complains with their relationships. Recalling this made Kousei turn down the businessman's deal.

"I'm sorry, mister, but... " After he said those words, he put his hand on Tsubaki's shoulder, and pulled her closer to him. "I already have my own manager."

Tsubaki looked at Kousei, all confused at what has happened. "Kousei...." she said.

The businessman had no other choice but to cancel the deal. "Very well... I'll just give you my business card. Good luck having that manager yourself..."

Soon as he gave Kousei his business card, he walked away.

"W- What was that about?" Tsubaki asked Kousei, although they were both confused about the businessman's motives.

"Probably some dude who wanted me to be his manager. I've seen things like this before. The famous make complains, while their managers just turn a blind eye, until it has been decided to get fired." Kousei explained.