𝐕

╔══════════════╗

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

╚══════════════╝

The next morning Eden opened her eyes to a bright beam of light streaming through the window. She looked around the room and the other girls had already left. Her head started to ache so she decided to get up and get a glass of water. Downstairs in the common room, there were cups littered everywhere and one side of the banner had fallen so it was hanging down. They would need to tidy that soon but she decided she would leave it until later. On the sofa, Fred and Lee were sat talking about the party with a few other people.

"Good morning." She stretched out her arms.

"It's afternoon, actually," Lee said.

"You're finally awake, most people are already up. Angelina, Katie, and Alicia have gone out to get some fresh air if you were wondering," Fred said, telling her where her roommates had gone. "Here you are." He continued, walking over to her, handing her a glass of water and a box of tablets as if reading her mind.

She mumbled a 'thanks' and opened the box, pulling out the plastic and popping out a tablet. She swallowed it with a gulp of water before looking around the room and noticing George's absence.

"Where's George?"

"Oh, when I got up this morning he was asleep down here so I woke him, and then I watched as he somehow managed to drag himself upstairs to bed. I've never seen him as drunk as he was last night. But I'm sure he will be fine."

"You didn't even help him upstairs? Please tell me you at least gave him a glass of water and one of these," She said, holding up the tablet box.

"Oh shit. I didn't even think about that I was too busy laughing." She hit his arm lightly before getting a fresh glass of water and then making her way up to the room. She lightly knocked on the door and she heard a groan from within that allowed her entry.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She spoke in a soft voice.

"Shit," George replied but gave a small smile, sitting up in his bed.

"I brought you these." She made her way over to him. She looked at his face and tried to hold back a laugh. Someone had drawn all over his face. She assumed Fred because that was something that he would do. "You've got pen all over your face." She laughed lightly.

"Oh, have I?" He blushed a little.

"Yeah. Here, be taking one of these." She handed him the box and his drink before going over to the bathroom. She dampened a washcloth and made her way over to him. George had laid back down so the girl sat beside him on the bed. She leaned over him a little and began wiping his face. He looked up at her as she did this which made her heart flutter. As she finished, she broke the silence.

"So, how did you sleep on the settee?"

"It was surprisingly comfy but I kept waking up and feeling nauseous. Was it you who left the water and blanket for me?"

"Yeah, well Lee and I helped Freddie to bed, and then we were gonna help you up but you were asleep and we didn't want to wake up." They sat in a comfortable silence for a minute just thinking to themselves before George spoke again.

"I don't reckon this is what you wanted to be doing on Sunday afternoon, looking after me. Sorry about this."

"Don't be silly. Isn't it my job to look after you, Fred and Lee? What would you do without me?" She joked before taking a more serious tone. "I owe you after last night, anyway, it was the best night of my life I had so much fun, so this is the least I could do."