𝐕𝐈𝐈

╔══════════════╗

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤

╚══════════════╝

The time had finally come. Eden led the way out of the portrait hole carefully and quietly, with George behind her and Fred bringing up to the rear. They ran along the hallways, peering around corners and hiding in the shadows if they heard any movement.

"Alohomora," She whispered. Once they were inside Filch's office, Fred shut the door cautiously.

"Let's get to business," He said.

While the twins started enchanting things around the room Eden sat down at the desk and pulled the letters and notes left on his desk. There were only a few letters but there were loads of detention slips detailing punishments for different students. She enchanted each piece of paper, changing the words. Ancient Runes was one of her best subjects and over the summer, being away from the twins for so long gave her a chance to research and become an expert on the subject. She finished all the detention slips and notes that Filch had scrawled down and now moved onto the letters. They were mostly from parents complaining about their children getting detention. It had taken her almost an hour to finish and Fred and George had long ago finished turning everything upside down except for the chair Eden was sat on, the desk she was using, and the things on top of it.

"All done," The girl said as she stood up and stretched her aching back. George cast a spell and the chair she had just stood up from flipped itself upside down and attached its four legs to the ceiling. Fred was rummaging through one of the drawers picking out a few items which Filch had taken. Once he had stood up again, he cast the spell on the table and the loose items on top of it and it placed itself on the ceiling next to the chair. Eden sighed as they exited the room and locked the door again. As they made their way back to Gryffindor tower she couldn't hide the big grin on her face. It had been so long since she had last helped with a prank. It was nerve-racking and terrifying and exhilarating all at once.

When they had reached the safety of the common room, she turned around and high-fived George and then Fred.

"We did it!" She whisper-shouted so as to not wake the rest of the Gryffindors.

"I'm so glad you decided to join us, it's been so long since the three of us pulled a prank together," George replied, grinning at her.

"Yeah, Eden, we missed having you helping us," Fred added. They continued to talk in low voices about the prank and what they thought Filch's reaction would be until they finally decided they should head up to bed. It was nearly 2:30 in the morning and they had school, worst of all they had Potions first thing. They said goodnight to each other before they climbed the spiraling stairs.

When Eden curled up into her warm and cosy bed, the exhaustion hit her suddenly. Within minutes she was fast asleep.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

In Potions, Eden could barely keep her eyes open. She had fallen to sleep quickly last night but she did not get enough sleep. As Snape was talking she found myself drifting off. Her head fell onto her potions book.

"Miss Walker! Pay attention and don't fall asleep in my class," Snape shouted at her.

"Maybe if this class wasn't so dull, I wouldn't," She muttered to herself. She was not in the mood to deal with Snape today, the adrenal she had last night has disappeared and now she could barely keep her eyes open.

"What was that?"

"I said, maybe if this class wasn't so dull, I wouldn't." She normally wouldn't talk back to teachers but because of her lack of sleep, she was in an irritable mood.

"That's it, detention Miss Walker!" She rolled my eyes. She had only ever gotten detention once before, in first year, and that was when she had snuck into Filch's office with the twins. It had been the second time they had done this, the first time they had retrieved a strange piece of parchment which they later, after many months of relentless work, discovered was a map of the entire school. They had kept it to themselves. After this amazing discovery, they decided to try their luck again, hoping to find something equally useful but they had been caught.

Snape passed her a detention slip. She snatched it out of his hand as he passed it to her.

"Arsehole." Eden heard a familiar voice say from across the table.

"Excuse me, Mr. Weasley, what did you say?"

"I called you an arsehole, sir. And, Eden's not wrong, your lessons are so dull they make me want to gauge my own eyes out." George looked Snape dead in the eyes before turning to look at her. She gave him a look as if to ask what are you doing.

"Right, you will be joining Miss Walker in detention," Snape said before writing another detention slip for George. "In fact, Weasley, get out of my class for today as well, I am not in the mood for your childish behaviour today." George just scoffed before collecting his stuff. He bid farewell to Fred who was sat next to him and as he walked past Eden he winked before exiting the classroom.

After Potions, Fred and Eden met with George on the way to their next lesson. Once they had arrived at Herbology, Fred entered the greenhouse but Eden pulled George aside before he followed.

"Why did you do that?"

"What?"

"Don't play stupid. In Potions, why did you get yourself into trouble, for once Snape wasn't shouting at you and then you go and call him an arsehole."

"Well, I couldn't have you going to detention all on your own, now, could I?" He playfully shoved her arm. "Come on, class is about to start," He continued before pulling her into the greenhouse.

Herbology that day wasn't as interesting as they revisited a few plants which Eden already knew a lot about. This included mandrakes which were horrible things, she hated having to re-pot them. She swept off a bit of soil that had gotten on her sleeves as they made their way out of the class. Now they had a break before their next lesson so the three of them went to the courtyard to sit out there for a while.

The entire time the twins were talking about new Zonko products they had heard about but Eden was too distracted to listen. George had gotten detention for her. She felt a strange mix of guilt and happiness. She would get to spend that detention with him, hopefully, just the two of them of she was lucky. Either way, he was there for her, he got it for her.

"Eden, Eden." She was snapped out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, what?"

"We are heading to Muggle Studies, you have Ancient Runes, yes, remember?" Fred said in a slow mocking tone.

"Yes, I remember," She snapped back. "See you at lunch," She said before hurrying off, nothing but her upcoming detention with George on her mind.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────