Ftm!Reader:Everything Going to be Okay

You were preparing for the siege of Urû'baen. The other people had gone to rest for the night. Eragon had flown off, only telling a select few where he went. It was quite strange but not unexpected. 

You had finished putting on your cloak and slipped out of the small tent. It was a rough day. Blödhgarm had forced all of you to practice your swordplay. Even though you were all trying to keep energy for the long trek commencing tomorrow, training was necessary.

He had assigned the elves to train humans. And with the brainpower that you could muster at this hour, you knew you were human. So being a human bean yourself, you could confirm it was tough.

Honestly, you weren't sure if you wanted to fight either. There would be laughing dead, and if that weren't scary enough there were also spellcasters. Though there was a feeling that you had to prove yourself to everyone. So you trained.

Many other people have chosen to stay behind and do other tasks when the battle happens. But despite protest from the few people you knew, you had to go fight.

The concept of magic fascinated you. You weren't sure how exactly it works but could gather that if you had enough energy, you could do whatever you wanted. It was something that could've only been in your dreams until now.

Because of your very limited vocabulary in the ancient language, you could hardly do anything useful. Not to mention your stamina could hardly go for a tick. That was also the reason you kept your magic quiet. It was way too weak to be sensed unless actively trying.

The moment you met the elves especially that wolfish one you were jealous. Beside the fact they all looked flawless, Blödhgarm basically confirmed they could change their appearance. It must've not crossed anyone else's mind though.

It was a power you would kill for. Well, that's a bit harsh but it was something that bogged down your brain every second of the day. Jealous thoughts became second nature. Being in a camp full of passing men does nothing to help.

You took a few steps outside and headed towards the center of camp. You couldn't relax in the splatter of nightlights and snoring. Everyone on the outer edges of camp was much less quiet, especially because a form of authority was at least half a mile away. 

That's how much people that have rallied to fight. Dwarves, Humans, Urgals, Elves, and Werecats, all joined together. The farther you walked away from the center of camp the closer the more important tents and the closer to peace you were.

Normally you could sneak into the infirmary and sleep on one of their empty cots. They were accustomed to your presence. Now though, it seems that there were people still awake in this section of camp.

Pulling your cloak closer to you, you walked faster towards the large tent. As you pass by you heard snippets of the elves' lilting voice and some of Nasuada's guards talking. Not that they had anything to do, with the queen missing and everything.

You felt some of the people acknowledge your presence as you finally entered the tent. The lights were dimmed and you passed some of the people also there for a quiet night. 

As you lied down near the back of the tent you could hear someone rolled over on their bed to greet you.

"You're early." They whispered it was hard to tell any defining features from them, the voice was too quiet.

You ignored them. Most of the people here were curious why you came. They all had injures, sicknesses, or some other thing that could physically show. Not you.

"I've seen you come in here every night. The healers don't check on you either. So why do you make the walk?"

You decided to turn over and give them your best death glare. That changed when they passed into your field of vision. It was an elf, and they looked to be doing okay as well. It took you a few seconds to gather something to say.