Partners - Chapter (Toren's POV)

Toren's POV

Toren's POV

I'm about to have sex at my brother's baby shower.

I can't help it. I've been watching her prance around here all day in that little silk dress that showcases that full ass, just bouncing around beneath it. I'm a heathen. But as I said, I can't help it. Caveman is in my DNA.

She's not the happiest with me right now either. I called her my fucking friend in front of Jonathan! Little does she know I had to. What would she have thought if I called her my fiance like I was about to. She nearly had a stroke when I gave her the tiny box with the key in it. We haven't exactly talked about marriage, even as I was ready to get down on my knee for her. I just don't know if she's quite there yet, even if in my head we are.

So I did what I do, and retracted like a punk and acted like I didn't know what happened. I'm a fucking idiot. I suck at lying to her. She's so goddamn direct and I'm so...fucked.

So here we are, wondering where the hell Adrien and the congressman disappeared to, when they eventually make their arrival together at the table.

Adrien's weave is slanted to the side and Jonathan's shirt tail is untucked. Suspect as hell.

Dammit. That little shit beat me to the baby shower fuck.

"Adrien!" Scarlett scolds him as he sits in the seat next to her.

He brushes her off with a wicked grin, adjusting his wig until he appears totally put together again.

"You are the worst! A congressman!? At the baby shower?!" she angrily whispers.

Jonathan is turned, watching my mother begin talking to the guests as the waiters begin bringing out the lavish meal.

"Girl, get you a politician. I feel like a hotter Monica Lewinsky, sans stain."

"God, you're despicable."

"Hey A..." I whisper, leaning into their little circle, "...what did Bill Clinton say to the new intern?"

Scarlett drops her head back groaning while Adrien sits forward in his seat excitedly.

"I haven't come across your face yet."

"Ha!" Adrien shrieks out loud causing a few guests to look over to our table.

"Hey T...why did Monica Lewinsky vote republican?"

Scarlett flops forward, banging her head on her hands on the table while my eyes dart from left to right, unsure.

"Because the last Clinton left a bad taste in her mouth."

I can't control the deep hearty laugh that comes out of me. Scarlett groans again, causing Rachel to look over to our little crew of misfits from across the table with an arched brow.

The waiter brings our food to the table, prompting us to cut the foolishness and sit up straight again. The meal is a delicious parmesan risotto with roasted shrimp. My mother really outdid herself with this shower.