The Life Before Her Eyes: The Easy Days of a Ninja Chapter 2

5 years later...

Sasori's P.O.V.

"Sasori! Sasori!", my five year old sister called out, running towards me. I looked up to see tears streaming down her face. 

"What happened?" I asked concerned, whiping the tears away with my thumb. She lifted up her hand and showed me the small cut on her pinky. 

"I'm bleeding!", she said with a wail. 

I chuckled and kissed her finger lightly. 

"You're not bleeding it's just a small cut, see?", I said showing her, her cut.  She began adjusting her finger and smiled big. She hugged me in relif and sighed. Mitsuko then sat down by me. 

"Sasori...I know you don't really like to talk about this, but where's Mommy and Daddy?", she asked nervously. I looked down and sighed. 

"Um, they're...on uh, vacation", I muttured.

"Sasori...what's vacation?", Mitsuko asked.  

I sighed again, "Vacation is where you leave and never come back" Mitsuko thought for a moment and I stood up before she could as more questions. She looked up at me.

"It's time to go home now, Mitsuko. I have to go to a mission tonight and it may take a couple days. While I'm gone, the hokage is going to watch over you", I said with a smile. She nodded and grabbed ahold of my hand as we began walking home . 

When Mitsuko and I got home I tucked her into bed and got ready for tonight's misson. I got enrolled into the ANBU not to long ago, maybe five months ago when I started dating Akira, an old friend from when I was thirteen. I then headed out the door and began towards the gate to the village. It was dark. 

"Look who decided to finally show up", I heard Kakashi mutter under his breath. I smirked.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to put Mitsuko to bed", I said. Kakashi rolled his eyes and I came to view of Akira. 

"Hey", I whispered. 

-"Hey", she said with a smile. I wrapped my arms around Akira's waist and kissed her. We kissed for maybe five minutes but it seemed to Kakashi like five hours. Kakshi blushed and whistle which totally killed the mood. I pulled away and glared at Kakashi. 

"We need to get on with the mission", Kakashi said a laugh. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"What is the mission anyways?",  I asked. 

"We're undercover. We have to see who was the man that was behind the summoning of the nine tailed fox twelve years ago.", Akira called out as she walked out the gate. "There is a conference that will take place in the Village Hidden in the Sound in a couple of days. Our mission is to gather information from the conversation" 

I nodded and Kakashi, Akira, and I set off. 

2 weeks laters. . . 

It's already been two weeks and still, we're not in the Sound Village. Mitsuko must be worried about me...maybe I should send her a message. I took out a piece of paper and pen from my luggage.

Mitsuko,

I'm very sorry I hadn't had any contact with you, you must be worried sick. I hope you're okay and that the hokage is taking good care of you and...I've heard your starting at the academy in three weeks the day after your birthday! That must be exciting, huh? I hope I'll be back home when it's the time of your birthday--this missionis is pretty risky. If I don't make it, Happy Birthday kid! Love you,