𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲

'You are, I think, an evening star, the fairest of all the stars.'

― Sappho

LEATHER AND LACE, 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢

𝕾ome romances are simply destined to live amongst the stars, burning bright nebulas remaining the sole reminder of a romance greater than that of the world's most infamous tragedy written by the hands of Shakespeare himself. Words inked onto mere parchment cannot describe the love that Stevie Monroe and Marlene Mckinnon held in their hearts. Lily Evans had always claimed she was the world's best matchmaker, yet no one expected two girls she tried to set up back at Hogwarts to fall in love after they graduated.

The unbearable heat of the summer of 1978 feels like the beginning of a dark age in the magical world. A lonely Stevie Monroe is drowning in auror training, and her futile attempts to remain neutral in a world where dark forces were growing far more powerful than she could have ever imagined, are not going very well. Meeting Marlene Mckinnon, who is a fresh breeze in the stifling air, quickly transforms Stevie's life from mundane, into exciting, as she joins the Order of the Phoenix, yet she doesn't know how much it is going to change her life.

Perhaps it's a mistake to start a relationship amidst turmoil and tension, but Stevie and Marlene cannot help but fall for each other, and that, is where everything seems to go wrong.

LEATHER AND LACE
"I thought once that gods are the opposite of death, but I see now they are more dead than anything, for they are unchanging, and can hold nothing in their hands."
― Madeline Miller, Circe