𝟬𝟬𝟵. lovers rock

nine,࿐ lovers rock

nine,
࿐ lovers rock

"YOU ARE SURE she won't suspect anything? Let's run over the plan again, just to be sure."

Lily grinned brightly at Stevie, swatting the older girl on the cheek. "Of course she won't! James, and Peter are taking Marlene out to the Puddlemere United and Wimbourne Wasps game, while we decorate, and get everything set up. They invite her over to our place for dinner, and apparate over before she does, when she goes home to get ready. We'll hide, and yell surprise when she arrives!"

Stevie flicked Lily's cheek, just as Sirius strutted into the kitchen rather confidently, carrying multiple cases of cider. "I come bearing booze," he grinned. "Now who's in charge of the music?"

"I have some records," Lily replied, pointing to where he could put everything down. Stevie helped him, making sure nothing fell. "Stevie brought some as well."

"And the food?" Sirius asked.

"Dorcas is handling it," Stevie answered. "It's just pizza, so she's placing the order, as well as bringing snacks. I ordered the cake from the bakery down the street from your place, Sirius, that Marlene is obsessed with, and Mary's picking it up."

"Double chocolate with chocolate frosting," Sirius said, his eyes glazing over. "Marlene and I finished a whole cake once."

Cordelia smacked the side of his face. "I've seen you eat the entire cake by yourself. And it was one of those big sheet cakes meant to serve at least a dozen people."

She lit a cigarette, smoke pouring between her lips as she exhaled a cloud of ash rather loudly. Lily made a face, but didn't say anything. Stevie pulled various decorations out of her bag, before Sirius stopped her. "Love, sorry, but I'm in charge of the decorations."

Sirius winked at Lily, and the four of them burst out into laughter as Remus stumbled into the room looking rather disheveled. "Sorry! I overslept? I think? I'm not even really sure what happened. One minute I was smoking spliff and the next, I woke up way past when I was supposed to arrive."

"Remus, love, your shirt is inside out and backward," Stevie smiled, suppressing a laugh. Remus facepalmed, groaning, and stumbling off into another room to change.

Stevie sipped at some cider and began putting up garlands, and streamers, Sirius directing her as she carefully set everything up. He himself was scattering confetti, and Remus was blowing up various balloons.

Cordelia was rather good at stuffing glitter into balloons before blowing them up, so she was helping him. Dorcas arrived with the food, and Mary followed on her heels with the cake, all of which was set in the kitchen.

Mary looked amazing, as usual, in a flared tie dye top and bell bottoms, Dorcas opting for a sunset orange, crochet dress. She'd gotten long braids, which had small threads of light blue running through them, and they looked gorgeous. Sirius and Cordelia were matching in leather jackets, though his black silk shirt and trousers differed from her slip dress that hugged her curves perfectly, the emerald green complimenting her skin.