« FEAR »

CHAPTER 5
KAIRI
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH, 2021

CHAPTER 5KAIRIFRIDAY, APRIL 16TH, 2021

——————————————————————

Kairi had always been more of the quiet type of boy, the one everyone liked and the one everyone wanted to be. He always minded his business and made good grades. Kairi was an A+ Honor Roll student. He was an inspiration to many due to his bubbly personality and his looks. Although he was short, he was still good looking and he would get male and female attention often. He was perfect in others eyes. He didn't mind this but after awhile it started to become more than just attention. Soon, It would turn into something even worse. Harassment.

Kairi's Thoughts Pov: I was walking home today alone and I got a weird vibe. I felt like someone was watching me when I was walking.. and.. I don't know. It was weird..

The next day, Kairi had to walk home once again while it was raining due to not being able to drive and he didn't spot Mattia or any of his friends anywhere. He was walking and humming softly when he heard a leaf crunch that immediately stopped him in his tracks. His eyes widened and he turned around to look around at nothing. He brushed it off and continued to walk thinking someone was just walking home as well. He was still curious.

K: "Hello? Who's there?"

He sighed softly then continued walking on to his house but he started to pick up the pace. Kairi started to speed walk home due to his high anxiety of being followed. He started to run and that's when he heard loud footsteps hitting the ground behind him and splashing puddle noises. The little boy turned into full panic mode and started to dart home. He quickly got to his house and walked inside then slammed the front door shut as fast as he could then he locked it. He was dripping from the rain water and he slid down the door slowly burying his head into his knees for a few minutes.

Kairi raced up the stairs and ran to his bedroom shutting the door and panting heavily while sweat trickled down his pale forehead. He was out of breath and he started to have a crying panic attack due to being so scared. He feared his own life.

He looked out his window and spotted someone out in the distance and didn't recognize who it was at all. They were covered in all black clothing holding something sharp in their hands and this caused him to worry. He didn't know why someone would be out to get him but he was absolutely terrified for his life. Kairi decided to keep quiet about this situation so nobody else would get targeted like he did. His fear made this worse and that was the big mistake. He opened his new journal and began to write what just happened inside of it feeling better once his hand wrote down on the paper.

Kairi's Journal Entry 1: I got chased today on my way home from school by an unknown person. They were following me and holding a sharp weapon as well. I think they want to hurt me and I don't know what to do. I am terrified and they know where I live as well. I hope they don't hurt me or my family. I miss Mattia...

Kairi quickly called up Mattia and waited for him to pick up the phone but he didn't. he checked the time: 4:26 pm. What could the Mattia Polibio possibly be doing at 4:26 pm on a Tuesday? He wondered and then he sighed not wanting to stress himself out even more over Mattia.

Kairi started to overthink as he sat by his bedroom door. Was it a stalker? Was it someone he knew? Was it a stranger? His mind raced so fast in seconds. He wanted to know what he did to deserve this or who would do something like this. He's never harmed anyone so why would anyone want to harm him?

He didn't know. All he knew was his life was now in danger and there was nothing he could do about it.

TO BE CONTINUED...