« LIES »

CHAPTER 6
FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH, 2021

CHAPTER 6FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH, 2021

——————————————————————

Kairi had eventually fell asleep and a few hours had passed since the traumatic situation happened which now made it 9:47pm. His head was slumped on his journal while he was in the middle of his daily writing. He looked down at his phone and turned it on seeing no texts or calls from Mattia at all. He wondered what he was even doing or why he wasn't answering his phone. He got a bit teary eyed but decided to get some more rest because it was what he needed. He was truly exhausted.

Mattia had ditched school early high from some edibles that his friend had given him. He got into the car with his friend half asleep not even knowing where they were going or doing but he didn't care. He just wanted to leave. He was the biggest trouble maker in the whole entire school and every teacher hated him for it. He never lasted at any school due to his outrageous behavior and getting expelled from each school he tried to attend. He held no shame at all.

M: "Ayo man, where we headed?"

His friend told him not to worry so he decided to just watch the scenery outside of the window. He played with his shoe laces and watched as he pulled up to a house that looked like a whole mansion. His nose immediately smelled weed and it looked like they were having a party but he was too high to think straight. Mattia stumbled out of the car and into the house sitting down on the couch and grabbing alcohol holding it in his hand. He watched all the half naked girls dance and he motioned one to come towards him not being in the right state of mind. He watched as the girl danced on him and he smirked but he realized that it wasn't turning him on or making him hard. Kairi immediately came into his mind and he knew how he felt towards him so it just felt wrong to get that from anyone else.

M: "Nah.. Sorry. Please get off.."

Mattia gently pushed the girl away watching someone get angry at him for doing so and he felt a guy punch him straight in the eye. He got into a big fight and knocked him out then stumbled to the bathroom with red eyes and a black eye chugging the alcohol he had left in the cup and throwing the red solo cup down the huge flight of stairs. He fell over since he was so wasted and eventually ended up passed out on some random strangers stairs. He slept there for about two hours and then woke up wiping the drool from the side of his mouth. He sat up and looked around not even recognizing where the fuck he was. He pulled out his phone and noticed he had missed calls but he couldn't see since he was still high out of his mind. It was blurry. Mattia grabbed a ride from someone he knew at the party and changed clothes to get the weed smell away from him. The last thing he would want is his mom taunting him for being a stoner. That was yet another unhealthy secret he seemed to hold, smoking and drinking. He did keep it under control though and it never got completely out of hand.

Mattia eventually ended up home safely in his bed and a few hours later he woke up with a really bad hangover. It was 3:45 am. He whined in pain and looked into the mirror noticing the big black eye that was very visible on his face. His cover was officially blown. Mattia popped some pain killers for his eye and texted Kairi back apologizing for not answering when he should've. He saw the messages of Kairi saying he was in trouble and he started to worry for him. He felt horrible for not being there.

K - Text Message - 4:28 pm
Hey Mattia, Where are you?

K - Text Message - 4:29 pm
Mattia?

K - Text Message - 4:36 pm
Whatever. Don't answer then.

K - Text Message - 5:03 pm
Did I do something?!

K - Text Message - 5:32 pm
Jesus christ, answer your phone dumbass!

K - Text Message - 6:45 pm
Goodnight Mattia.

Mattia sighed in instant regret and hopped into his shower washing off the disgusting smell in his hair and brushing his teeth so his breath smelled decent. Mattia dressed into a collared shirt with ripped jeans and vans. He got into his car and drove over to Kai's walking up to his room to see him sleeping peacefully in his bed just as he knew he would be.

Mattia approached him slowly and sat down beside him gently brushing his hair away from his eyes, he pressed a tiny kiss to his forehead and then to his cheeks whispering softly to him.

M: "Kai.. I'll protect you beautiful, I'm here now.. Rest."

Mattia didn't want to tell Kairi about the experience at the party but he didn't have a choice. He didn't want Kairi to find out from someone else so he decided when he woke up that he would tell him. He knew it would hurt him and he hated when Kai hurt especially if he was the reason. Mattia also knew he would ask about what happened to his eye and he couldn't bare to lie to Kairi right in his face. He sighed as he watched the precious little boy sleeping and frowned at the thought of someone wanting to hurt his boy even if Kai wasn't officially his, he claimed him in his heart. He knew Kairi was his.

He needed to be Kairi's protector at ALL TIMES no matter the cost. He knew he was too fragile for this world. Anyone could hurt Kairi and he couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't.

Mattia laid down next to Kairi and pulled him into his chest holding him while he slept so he would be comfortable. He hushed the boy softly and gently caressed onto his cheeks with his thumb. He hated how Kairi made him so soft but he couldn't help it when he looked at him sleeping so peacefully like an angel.

TO BE CONTINUED...