Colonel Brandon

You woke on the cold February morning, it had snowed last night and a think layer of snow lay on the ground. You lay warm in the arms of your husband Christopher who held you close to himself. You smiled and sighed, relaxing into his touch as he slowly woke from his sleep. You watched him open his eyes and smile, seeing your radiant face next to him. He changed positions to see you better and kissed you gently. "Its Valentines day" he said with a smile.

"Then can we stay in bed?" you asked, putting your cutest face on.

"No darling" he said chuckling at your pouting face. Christopher got out of bed and got dressed slowly, watching you as you rolled around in bed until you finally got out of the bed into the cold room. Quickly you got your warm clothes on and colonel watched you sitting on the bed, he smiled slightly and stood when you finished getting changed.

"Happy Valentine's day" he said and kissed you gently

"I'm excited to see what is in store" you said. Christopher had not told you what you were doing and where you were going so you were excited and curious to see.

You both walked downstairs and after a hearty breakfast, you sat in the lounge, sitting together, hand in hand. A servant walked in and Christopher smiled. "(y/n) we are going out" he said and kissed your cheek, he pulled you up from the couch and together you walked out into the driveway. Snow lay on the ground and it crunched under your feet as the two of you walked out of the driveway and along the pathway towards the lake. 

Around you, the trees glistened and twinkled with the snow caught in their branches. "Its beautiful today" you said, staring around at the forest. You suddenly stopped and Christopher looked at you concerned. 

"Its a stag" you said quietly, pointing into the forest where a beautiful deer, with large antlers, stood. Snow was dusted on his back and on his antlers and its beautiful brown fur shone in the daylight. You grinned and Christoper smiled, he loved how you loved and found joy in everything. 

After a short while of staring it hopped away out of sight. You grinned and squeezed Christopher's hand in yours. "You wouldn't shoot it will you?" you asked up at Chrospteher as you started walking down the snowy pathway again.

"No dear" he said gently. "I only shoot ducks and geese"

"Good" you said and rested your head against his shoulder. 

The pathway soon opened out as you got to the lake, it was now frozen over. Next to the lake sat a little basket which you went over too. Curiously you looked at it as Christoper opened it and gave you your skates. He brought his own pair ou and you raised your eyebrows. "You have never skated before Colonel" you said.

"Then teach me" he said.

You grinned as he put them on awkwardly and you both went over to the ice.

You taught him to skate and he soon got quite proficient when he didn't fall down onto his ass where he started to laugh and you helped him up. 

Soon you were both dancing together on the ice. Christopher looked at you with love in his eyes as he kissed you. You grabbed his back and he grabbed your hair. You didn't realise you were actually moving and you fell onto the bank of the pond. You started to giggle with Christopher and you both got up, brushing the snow off each other, Christopher dusted the snow off your hair and kissed you again, moving his fingers through your cold hair. This led to you and him falling over again as you lost balance. You fell onto him and you started to laugh again. "We should take these off" you said laughing. 

"Our shoes are at the other side of the pond" Christopher complained, kissing your cold nose.

"Then come on Christopher" you said with a grin, getting up and pulling him up. You linked arms and skated together over to where your shoes sat.